With Company response

Early summer, we signed a contract with sears to fix the roof of our house using Sears new insulation boards. They did the work rapidly but in a bad way, where the boards were not properly installed.

In certain areas of the roof, the board are moving, which means that it will not withstand the winter weather. We then asked sears to refix the work they did. Sears said true that the work is not properly done but we will not fix it since the work will cost us alot. To refix what sears did, we were asked to pay more.

Since then, we've been running after them without any success. So, watch out people !!

Comments

I had the same problem with the Sears roofing people. My flashing work was terrible.

Did they sell you on the "independent" contractor BS also.

What a joke. You can bet I won't suggest anyone use Sears.

SearsCares
Sears Response

To PC270158,

I apologize for the poor work done to your roof by Sears Home Improvement. I do understand your concern, with winter coming, that the repair will not hold and I'm sorry that you haven't received more help in resolving this issue. My name is James and I’m part of the Sears Cares Escalations team and we value you as a Sears customer. We would like to have one of our dedicated case managers contact you in order to ensure proper resolution to your issue and an end to your frustration. At your convenience, please contact my office via email at smsupport@searshc.com. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the service was scheduled under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide your the following code (PC270158) for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

James H.

Social Media Moderator

Sears Social Media Support

nikalseyn

Contact an attorney and he will take it from there---starting with a letter to Sears advising them of the problems and requesting they correct them, with a deadline. If Sears stonewalls, then the attorney can sue them for you.