With Company response Not resolved

I have had a Protection Agreement through Sears Since 1978.Every year I pay a huge amount for all of my appliances and electronics (as long as I purchased them at Sears) to have coverage.

Part of the agreement is that if they can't fix them they will replace them with a comparable item. I have been trying to get a TV repaired for 8 weeks. The service man has been out several times and last time he took part of the set with him (to work on at the shop). Now they say they can't fix it but are going to replace it.

The problem is they are offering to replace it with a set that is NOT even close to comparable. It was a Sony "XBR" model and I want it replaced with a Sony "XBR" model. The only XBR model Sears carries is more then double the amount they are authorizing. When I brought this to their attention they said "the set we carry is larger so it is an upgrade".

I don't need a larger set. I just want the XBR model. It's not my fault Sears doesn't carry anything but a larger model. They had no trouble taking my money every year to renew the maintenance agreement but when it comes time to live up to their end of the agreement they won't.

DON'T BUY A PROTECTION AGREEMENT FROM SEARS.THEY DON'T HONOR IT!

Comments

i was thinking the same but went over my agreement and it doesnt say they have to give you the same kind we ultimately give them the choice to decide at their own discretion.

SearsCares
Sears Response

pollyana2,

I'm sorry for any inconvenience and frustration you’ve encountered with your television, our repair service or our warranty service. My name is Brian H. and I’m with the Sears Cares Social Media Support team and we would like to help. We would like to have one of our dedicated case managers contact you in order to ensure proper resolution to your issue and an end to your frustration. At your convenience please contact our office via email at SMAdvisor@searshc.com so you don’t have to be upset by this any longer. In the email please provide a contact number and the phone number the item was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. In addition, please include your screen name (pollyana2) in the email for reference to your issue. Again, we’re sorry for any trouble we have caused and we hope to talk to you soon.

Brian H.