With Company response Not resolved

On or about 24 September 2012 I clicked on an ad from Kmart for an inexpensive laptop. I called the 1-800 number to ask a question about the item and found myself redirected to Sears. A very nice lady answered my highly technical question and offered to complete the order. Of course I put the laptop on my Visa card and I requested (for security reasons) that the unit be shipped to the closest store for pick up.

After a week I called to check on the order. It took another two days for an associate to call me back a report that the "lost item" had been found and was awaiting pick up. I made note when I signed for it that the box was opened. I checked the contents and found nothing missing and was assured by the store personnel that the unit was guaranteed for 90 days.

I never let any of my computers out of my sight. It took a couple weeks for my IT guy to come and load my programs and set the computer up for me. Of course I purchased virus protection etc and had it loaded. Total cost just over $259.00

Within a week the battery began to take less and less of a charge. On or about 23 October 2012, I called 1-800-349-4358 and after going thru a useless phone tree was given another number to call. Once connected I was assured that all I had to do was take the unit back to the store where I picked it up and they would get me a new battery.

Of course due to work obligations it took a couple weeks for me and my wife (the unit is in her name) to make it to the store. Once there a very nice Manager named Robin did all she could with the customer service desk, the electronic department, and finally parts. The two people in parts checked the computer for any information regarding a pending warranty or the availability of a battery. They had neither.

One lady at the counter was very nice and helpful. The other attendant was not! His name tag said Peach. He said something that has made me decide to purchase a battery from an outside source and never do business with Sears again: Quote "if we had a battery I would not give it to you".

After repeated calls to Sears, Kmart and Dell it is apparent that SEARS DOES NOT HONOR WARRANTIES and I am out over $500.00

Comments

SearsCares
Sears Response

try2Bpositive,

I came across your post today and wanted to reach out to you to offer our assistance. My name is Liz and I am a member of the Sears Social Media Support Team. I am very sorry to hear of the troubles you are experiencing with your online order. I can truly understand you frustrations and the inconvenience we have caused with your order. I would like to have one of our dedicated case managers speak with you to further discuss your recent experience. At your convenience please contact our office via email at smadvisor@searshc.com so you don’t have to be upset by this any longer. In the email please provide the best contact phone number or the number to which the order is listed under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. In addition, please include your screen name (try2Bpositive) in the email for reference to your issue. Again, we’re sorry for any trouble we have caused and we hope to talk to you soon.

Liz R.