I bought a refrigerator from Sears. It froze everything in the frig.

I called them 5 times to come and fix it, mind you it was brand new. The 6th time I called and demanded a replacement. They said no. They said "if I read the contract for their service agreement then I would know that they don't replace, they only fix." The problem was never fixed.

I ended up taking a head of cabbage into the store and bounced it on the salesman"s desk. He laughed and said he wished there was something he could do to help.Lesson learned.

I've told anyone who will listen about the "Sears Policy" and now I'm telling you folks here. I will never step foot into a Sears store again!!!!

Comments

#192435

Dear Ahleeda,

Please accept my apology for he tardy response to your post here. I'm Scott with Sears Cares Escalations. I'm so sorry to hear your refrigerator required so much service and caused you so much stress and inconvenience. Although it is true that certain Sears warranties do only provision for repair & not replacement, it is definitely unacceptable for an item to require so much service in short period of time. We'd like to look into this issue and offer you assistance. At your convenience please contact my office via email at searscares@searshc.com so that we can assist with resolving this issue. Please provide us a contact number and the phone number the refrigerator was purchased under and we will call you at your convenience. In addition, include your screen name (Ahleeda) in the email so we can reference to your case.

Scott J.