With Company response Not resolved

I have had the worst experience with Sears when I purchased a new high efficiency washer and dryer.I should have realized that I shouldn't have purchased them there when I had issues just buying them.

I did all of my research online before making my purchase, and when my husband and I went to Sears we had the model numbers and all of the information for the washer and dryer we wanted. I gave the information to the sales woman who tried to talk me into a different dryer, a lower end model without steam that wasn't on sale and was actually more expensive than the one I picked which was on sale. After about 20 minutes of me saying that I wanted the ones I had already picked she started ringing up the sale. We said we wanted delivery and installation and purchased the required gas dryer hook up to have sears install it.

We paid for the purchase and I looked at the receipt and pointed out to her that the dryer hook up was not on it so she rang it up separately and I paid for that. The day before my delivery they called to confirm the delivery of my washer and dryer, I asked to confirm installation and they said it was not being installed. I had specifically said I wanted it installed, and that was the only reason we purchased the new dryer hook up as my previous dryer already had the hook up but the sales rep said we needed a new one or they wouldn't install. The person on the phone said that there was an additional $20 fee to install a gas dryer and as I hadn't paid that fee they wouldn't install it.

I was never told this is the store but wanted it installed so I told them I would run back to the store, pay the $20 and needed it installed. When I got to the store I saw a different rep who told me he couldn't add the installation fee because the woman who first rang up the sale put the dryer kit on a separate order. So he backed out the original sale which I had paid for with a check and the dryer kit which I had used my debit card for. He said the dryer kit would be refunded to my account and to just pay again for the kit and then he could add the install so it was all on one order.

So I paid for them and checked my account about a week later and still had not recieved the credit, I looked at the receipt and it showed he gave me cash back, which I didn't get. I went back to the store to point it out and they did give me the cash.

Delivery and all that went fine, until 6 months later my dryer breaks. I call right away and they say it is under warranty but they don't have any repair appointments for 3 weeks. So I took the appointment and the tech arrived promptly at 8am.

However he could not fix it and said that the dryer is "too new of a model" so they don't have parts for them and will have to order it, and I would need to make another appointment, and the earliest available was another 2 weeks away. The part arrived 4 days ago, yet I have to wait another week for them to come fix it.

In the meantime I've had to go to the laundromat, which had cost me nearly $150 so far.I can't believe it is taking over 5 weeks to get this fixed!

Review about: Sears Installation.

Sears Response

To Jacquettalyn,

I want to apologize for the multiple customer service failures that you have had to endure surrounding the purchase and installation of your washer and dryer. We appreciate you choosing Sears to make such a large purchase and the fact that you are still without a working dryer after 5 weeks is disturbing. I sincerely apologize for the frustration and inconvenience that we have caused for you and your family. My name is James and I’m part of the Sears Cares Escalations team. We would like to help resolve this issue quickly and to make things right with you. At your convenience, please contact my office via email at smsupport@searshc.com. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the washer and dryer are listed under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide your screen name (Jacquettalyn) for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

James H.