Edina, Minnesota
With Company response

We purchased a gas dryer from Sears in May 2013. In August 2013 we smelled gas in our home so contacted our utility.

They sent out a technician who said the gas leak was caused by the dryer. I had purchased the protection plan so I contacted Sears repair service and was told it would take 3 weeks before they could send someone to make the repair. Needless to say I'm hugely disappointed in Sears and their service.

Wish I had never purchased form them or had paid extra for the service plan. Clearly, this is how they make their money - they charge a lot telling you how much the plan covers, but given that it will take 3 weeks, most people (like me)probably can't wait that long before doing laundry and not sure I can make three trips to a laundromat over the 3 weeks I need to wait for service repair.

Product or Service Mentioned: Sears Protection Plan.

Comments

SearsCares
Sears Response

Dear Anonymous,

My name is Brian and I am part of the Sears Social Media Escalations team. We are sorry to hear that your gas dryer has failed you, and the earliest repair appointment date is over 3 weeks out. We understand how inconvenient it is for you to have to make multiple trips from your home to do laundry, and we’d like to discuss how we can help with this situation until your repair is completed. Please send the following information – contact #, screen name (Anonymous 440784), phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com.

Brian S.

Social Media Moderator

@Sears Response

the worst customer service for ever, that's why fortunately you are closing. avoid of this jerk company.