With Company response

Placed an order online. The "cart" had an error in the math.

Called to correct, was told the only option was to cancel the order. I canceled the order approximately 5 minutes after it had been placed. Sears then charged me for the item anyway.

I've been told it will be "3-5 days" while they "investigate." They agree there was no order, they agree they charged me for it (via PayPal), they agree I am owed a refund -- what's to investigate? They won't even guarantee I will get the refund until they "investigate." Keeping my money with the full knowledge that it is not theirs is the equivalent of theft.

Comments

SearsCares
Sears Response

Dear Anonymous,

My name is Brian and I’m part of the Sears Cares Escalations team. I saw this comment and I wanted to reach out to you to see if we could be of assistance. We sincerely apologize for the disappointment surrounding your online purchase. Once an online order has been processed the funds are taken from the account associated with that purchase. No matter how soon the order is canceled the funds would still have to go through a refund process, which could take up to 5 days. We understand how discouraging this kind of unfortunate setback has to be for you, and we would like to work on your behalf to ensure that everything is being done to get this credit to you as quickly as possible.

At your convenience, please contact my office via email at smadvisor@searshc.com so we can help. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the online order was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (Anonymous 357100) I have created for you, for reference to our issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Brian S.