Purchased a top-of-the-line Kenmore Pro Dishwasher at $1,500 and the extended warrentee. Let's forget that the Pro dishwasher costs an arm and a leg and should work beautifully and focus on the warrentee.

Within one month, we needed service. Four separate phone operators later and repeating the same detailed information every single time, we finally scheduled. That repair attempt did not work and we scheduled another repair, same process. Confirmed arrival 8 am to 12 noon. Very nice technician calls at 10:30 to confirm appointment and states he'll be here between noon and 2 pm. Since I had waited 2 and 1/2 hours, I would not be there. Pro-active Technician claims he'll order part and has put me down for a week later.

The next day a recorded message from Sears says call to make an appointment. One call gets me through pretty much right away (yeah), however, operator sees a message about a part, but no order information. On hold, she comes back and no part ordered. Try something else...on hold. Comes back, part is emergency ordered. All I have to do as the customer who is expecting service is to call this number again when the part comes in to let them know that I have it and "update the scheduled appointment".

20 minutes on the phone to learn that I don't have a confirmed appointment, the part was never ordered and I have to call back when I get the part.

Luckily, because I have some sort of defective high-end product, I purchased the extended warrentee. I suppose that eventually I will get this repaired; but be aware that the service contract does not come with much service. It is rediculous to say the least.

Review about: Sears Repair.