Purchased a Sears elite dishwasher, after 6 months it started to leak from a control valve and caused water damage in our basement. I phoned Sears, they said it would be an emergency priority call and that a technician would be out to repair it within 48 hours.

After 48 hours I called again, they said they would make it a 911 emergency priority. I called again after 6 days.

It has now been 9 days and still no contact, or attempt at contact from them has been made. Sears home service is an extremely expensive list of empty promises.

Review about: Sears Repair.

Comments

I would turn Sears into the local Better Business Beauru, then the state and then feds turning them into the Federal Trade Commission.

They're not honoring their contract in a reasonable amount of time. I'd pressure them for refund then see what they do.

although i think sears has the best warranty program out there, I think they definitely have a "read between the lines" program. I've had issues with my washer since day one, and that was almost 4 years ago.

I've called service multiple times every year, and at this point they've rebuilt the whole washer. I figured after the first few calls they'd replace the washer, but the problem is that they won't replace it unless you've had more than 3 service calls regarding the same problem in 1 year and after that it's up to their discretion. What a bunch of ***.

Bottom line is that no matter how great their response time is, they really won't back up their products with a replacement. They'll just keep "fixing" it until you decide to purchase a new product.