Vandergrift, Pennsylvania
3.0
Ease of Use
Layout of Store

Purchased two pair of eye glasses at Sears optical in Greensburg, PA.The distance prescription was completely wrong and the glasses were replaced.

Thumbs up for that pair. Reading glasses were also found to be unwearable but they were not so accommodating. The warranty period was 90 days and I was within this by 3 days. But the manager of the optical department, Tracey, was the absolute rudest, most condescending person I have ever dealt with.

I walked away without getting my eyeglass problem resolved to eliminate any additional ridicule from this woman. How she became a department manager is a mystery. They must have been desperate to fill the position.

Needless to say I will never deal with(or recommend) them again.So I am out hundreds of dollars and stuck with glasses I cannot use.

This person wrote the review because of bad quality of eyeglasses from Sears. Reviewer claimed that he or she wants Sears to read this review and look into the issue (if any).

Comments

h.kitchener
Columbia, South Carolina, United States #1210353

I hate to tell you this, but the glasses you spent "hundreds of dollars" on consist of, basically dollar store frames enclosing lenses which can be made for a couple of dollars.For this you spend alot of money purchasing eyeglasses from places like Sears.

If you are unable to wear the cheap dollar store eyeglasses for reading which come in many different strengths and the same for distance then buy your glasses at a place like---dare I say it?---Walmart. They are among the cheapest and most reliable places to do this. You can spend alot of money on glasses but the largest part of any eyeglasses cost is for the frame---extremely profitable to the company selling them---I need eyeglasses for both reading and distance, tho I really can get by well with none for distance. I shop the dollar stores for the strengths I need for both and pay particular attention to the frames.

The metal frames are best and hold up well.

I stock up as I see them in stores as they change their inventory often.Good luck.