Purchased in April 2010 the very expensive Sears top of the line Front Load Washer elite. Already has broken down.

Repairman tried to step out of fixing it. Said it was a power surge. SURPRISE to the Sears repairman. Hubby works for power company in the area that monitors power surge. Not true. Sad -- Spent 1000's worked 12 weeks and sears tried not telling the truth until -- they found out who my husband worked for.

What a dishonest company. Sears uses the name Kenmore -- but washer was made by lg.

Computer board going out after 12 weeks is not OK. Then to make this even more laughable -- the repairman showed me the built in power surge protector.

Wow... how smart was that? Blame it on a electrical surge as you tell me their is a built in surge protector???????

*** is not fun to deal with when you are out 1000's

Monetary Loss: $2000.

Comments

#192475

Dear Jethro,

My name is Scott; I'm with Sears Cares Escalations within corporate. I found your post and wanted to offer help. I'm sorry your new Kenmore washer has caused you so much trouble and frustration. I'm sure the misdiagnosis of the problem by the repair technician only amplified these feelings. Please understand it is not the motive of the repair department, nor the technician, to deliberately mislead a customer. Diagnostic checks on an appliance are no different than a car; the first attempt to find the problem may not always lead to the solution. We'd like to help. At your convenience please contact my office via email at searscares@searshc.com so that we can assist with resolving this issue. Please provide us a contact number and the phone number the washer was purchased under and we will call you at your convenience. In addition, include your screen name (Jethro) in the email so we can reference to your case.

Scott J.