Update by user Apr 09, 2013

Some useful comments from "that sears guy" below...

I’m pretty naive but I wasted SO MANY HOURS writing emails to Sears in the hope that they would see sense.

I got my hopes up that the Blue Ribbon team might sort matters out but guess what? ... it was the same hollow empty promises of assistance with no attempt to provide an honest response or supportive assistance.

Thanks for speaking out about your former employer. I found them to be the WORST company I have had the misfortune to deal with. :(

Update by user Mar 31, 2013

Two weeks on and still no reply.

Maybe they've run out of headed paper for a reply?????

Update by user Mar 15, 2013

So Sears banned me when I had the audacity to complain after they advertised a product, took my order, secured my money ... then left me out of pocket, exposed by credit card to fraud and ignored my requests for justice.

They have been difficult to contact and decidedly unhelpful when I’ve made contact.

They promote their Blue Ribbon Service team which I have found to be worse than useless.

I wrote to their CEO and Chairman and am still waiting for a response A MONTH LATER.

SEARS ARE UNDOUBTEDLY THE WORST COMPANY I’VE EVER HAD THE MISFORTUNE TO HAVE DEALINGS WITH.

I consider it scandalous ... possibly even criminal.

My advice is DON’T BUY ANYTHING FROM THIS COMPANY ON-LINE. IT’S JUST NOT WORTH IT.

Original review posted by user Feb 21, 2013

SEARS GAGS COMPLAINTS

I have a legitimate complaint against Sears. It is well documented and has been brought to their attention (including their ‘elite’ Blue Ribbon customer service team) on a number of occasions. I even tried to get my problem sorted out on ‘MySearsCommunity’.

So how did they help?

They threatened me that ‘If I decide to make a big thing on the community pages, they will simply ban me from Sears’.

You read correctly! THE CUSTOMER SERVICE TEAM WANT TO BAN ME BECAUSE I COMPLAIN!!

‘IF I DECIDE TO MAKE A BIG THING ON THE COMMUNITY PAGES THEY WILL SIMPLY BAN ME FROM SEARS’!!!!

I detailed the company’s mistakes line by line. Sears repeatedly ignore the facts and quote blatant untruths. BAREFACED LIES!

Sears have broken promises, exposed my credit card to fraud and cost me time and money in an effort to make them honour their hollow promises.

The latest insult is this threat. They have now excluded me from ‘MySearsCommunity’ so that I can’t tell others but they can’t gag me from sites like this.

What should I do now? I will continue to warn others NOT TO DEAL WITH SEARS.

What else? – I'd welcome your suggestions. Thanks

Comments

Dear ShitOn, It sounds like you ordered something that had a pricing error so the order was cancelled. Did you get your money back?

If not, you should have filed a complaint with your credit card immediately.

The error will not be honored so you should just give it up.

Stamford, Connecticut, United States #709477

Sears - you can look me up by order number 546376317 - I'm so upset at sears customer service. I ordered a split queen box spring after explaining how my old box spring didn't fit in my new place.

The online rep sold me what I thought was 2 split queens. After delayed deliveries, then the item not being in stock, and wrong delivery times, The delivery of one split queen box spring came. Not two, like I asked for and needed. I accepted the delivery anyways and figured I would call back and get it straightened out.

I originally was just charged for one... Ok people make mistakes. So I get to ordering the other part, and I get told the items price has been increased and there would be a second delivery charge. The rep agrees to knock all that off but says he has to charge me the full amount and then in 3-5 days it will be credited back.

I say that can't work because I can't cover that increase in price at this point in the month, nor should I be asked to because this was all due to poor customer service and then constant delivery delays. Also, the sale needs to go through ASAP so delivery can happen because I actually can be here next week for delivery opportunities due to Labor Day and Jewish holidays (I teach school). The rep said there was nothing he could do, no department that could help me, and no supervisor who could wave any of those charges. I feel undervalued and manipulated.

I told him that if this was the case, I'd follow through once my next paycheck comes since this is my cheapest option at this point, and that sears would lose my loyalty as a customer and I would refer my friends and colleagues away from them. I asked if there was anything he could do to make that not the case. He said no, there wasn't.

So now I'm sleeping on my mattress on the ground for the 16th night, with no end in sight to this issue. Does anybody at sears want to handle this issue the way it needs to be dealt with?

D'you know what?

Sears have taken me for a ride but I still more fortunate than the guys that have to work there and implement sales policies they believe to be wrong. I hope things work out for them.

It also may explain why Sears have failed to do the honest and decent thing in honouring my purchase, despite a great weight of supporting evidence of their persistent failures.

I guess some of their 'customer service' team haven't the balls to stand up for what's right.

Thanks for the support.

San Antonio, Texas, United States #634557

as in most corporate businesses the people that do the least work get paid the most and the employees that do the most get the least pay and more is expected from them.. it is a ***u..c..ke..d.. world we live in the richer get richer and the poor work harder.

ShitOn

Anyone with advice on a UK national taking a case against this US giant? I assume UK law prevails (such as Consumer Protection Act, etc)??

#619083

I've written to Sears Chairman Edward S. Lampert and Chief Executive Officer / President, Louis J.

D'Ambrosio to see if they endorse these 'bully boy' tactics.

... hoping they will see sense.

Syracuse, New York, United States #616900

I've known for a long time that "My Sears Community" was nothing but a propaganda site, as I once posted a negative comment about one of their products on that site, ans they scubbed my comment soon afterwards.

You do know that Sears isn't the only game in town, don't you?

msdredd
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States #615454

I know EXACTLY how you feel! I got the BAN TRIFECTA!!

Banned on the Sears, Kmart and Kmart Cares facebook pages because I posted about them cancelling my order, but deciding to keep the money and never return it. Words cannot describe how much they suck!! We need to start a "WE GOT CYBER MUGGED BY SEARS & KMART" support group. Meetings at my house!!

Give us our money back DOUCHEBAGS!! :(

I have all Sears communications saved as emails including their THREAT that if I tell others about my complaint they will try to gag me.

Will that help if legal action was a possibility?

MORE DETAILS OF MY BULLYING VENDOR AVAILABLE MY CLICKING ON MY ACCOUNT NAME