I bought 2 garage door openers from Sears in the Willowbrook Mall. I also paid for installation, thinking that a Sears Installer would do the work. Instead a guy in a minivan showed up. Right away he complained that my ceilings were too high. Ok, so he made me go to Home Depot to buy brackets to install the motors to the ceiling ($75). When I get back, he is demanding that i speak to a lady on his cell phone from Sears, so they can charge me $80 for a high ceiling charge (they are 10ft, not anything crazy). I agree after a small fight i give that I was not informed when I purchased the door opener.
3 hours later, the installer says he is done. Immediately I notice that the doors are bent a little on the top (these were 2 month old doors). He says they are fine and lowers and raises both. Both doors are warping in the middle and I notice large bolts going through the door with scratches and dents on the outside. He admits he messed up and says Sears will reimburse me. Little did I know Sears claims no responsibility for their installers and refused to pay for the top panels of the doors ($497 it cost me to fix and re adjust the door openers that were installed incorrectly). So now I am out an extra $500 plus the $150 I paid for "high ceiling penalties". I disputed the installation charges through Discover, and Sears seems to only be good at fighting the credit card dispute. If they put as much effort in their installation process as they did in fighting credit card disputes, they would be much better off. I don't complain much, but in this case, I do not want someone else having a similar problem.
So I do not recommend getting a garage door installation from this Sears location. The opener itself is fine, it's just the caliber of installer they hire, and Sears' lack of responsibility for these guys they send into our homes. Sears used to be the best. It's all down hill I guess....
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Garage Door Opener
- Review category
- Supermarkets and Malls
You May Also Like
- "On December 30th 2014 i called you as the TV i bought and had taken out the extended warranty on was having issues. Turning itself on and off mid show,..."
- "February 24, we received delivery of our Kenmore Elite Refrigerator from Searsâ€™s delivery. When plugged it made a loud, continuous noise. A replacement refrigerator is scheduled for delivery..."
- "I purchased a cooktop from Sears and also requested delivery and install. I live in Massachusetts and I received a call from the installer in Jacksonville Florida. When I explained..."
- "Not trying to kill your dreams here. I’m trying to -save- you, your families, your friendships, and your money from this endless soul-sucking NIGHTMARE. I worked full-time for WFG in..."
- "to Progresso Soups, today i purchased this can of Progresso Traditional Chicken and Wild rice soup from the store i buy soup at weekly. i found this neon green plastic piece..."
- "They destroyed nearly everything they touched and paid for none of it. They have been giving me the run around for over 8 months now. Worst moving company ever...."
- "PLEASE TAKE A PRECIOUS MINUTE OF YOUR LIFE TO READ MY WORST EXPERIENCE with- ENERGY WISE LED SOLUTIONS LLC I am writing this Blog to make everyone aware of this business..."
- "I visited New York in March 2016 and I bought a pair of Converse. I keep them in the box. The stitching started to come away and now the hole..."
- "I just spent $100 on 5 items. 2 appetizers, a salad, and 2 entrees. Only 4 items arrived, partially at that. All of them were cold. Only 1 of them..."