Recently I purchased a replacement garage door opener from Sears. I scheduled with them to install it for a $119 fee, and they asked me one question about my garage (height of door). That's it. The rest was personal information and payment arrangements. They never came out to survey what they were installing, nor did they ask anything about either the new or old garage door openers.

The first installer arrives and immediately tells me that the rail system that comes with the new opener won't work with my garage door, and will require an additional $100 part. They reschedule for the following weekend (Feb 28th).

The second installer does not call before arrival as promised and just shows up. He did not speak English well at all and was very hard to understand. He went to work and indicated it would take about an hour. 10 minutes later he knocks on the door and tells me that the opener will not fit on the garage ceiling, and I will need to return it and purchase a different one. He then packs up his stuff, haphazardly repacks everything into the box, and as he leaves he says his company will be calling me to reschedule AGAIN.

I am LIVID by this point- why did it take two installers to figure out the opener is the wrong one? It is going to cost me almost as much as the opener did just to get it installed, and they can't even come out to assess the installation beforehand? What kind of outfit is this? I've now wasted 2 (soon to be 3) days for this, and am tempted to bill them for my wasted time.

This person wrote the review because of bad quality of sears installation from Sears. Reviewer claimed that he or she lost $450 and wants Sears to offer any options to resolve the issue.

The most disappointing in user's experience was poor customer service and service. The author asks this business to immediately contact him/ her to briefly discuss his/ her negative experience with the company.

Comments