We purchased a garage door plus installation from Sears in Milwaukee 2 weeks before my mom's surgery.The unit opened on its own, and Sears sent out two older site people who gave us different stories about why it didn't work.

The installer himself said it was the control panel, and they needed to exchange the unit. The exchange was arranged, for a week later, and then the installation date passed with no action... On our last 1/2 to 1 hour phone call to the misnamed "Customer Solutions" line, we learned that we were supposed to pick up the unit ourselves from the loading dock and arrange for the installer to return. At this point we demanded our money back.

We were credited for the unit, but Sears kept the money we'd paid for installation and delivery.

All very logical, I guess.But I will never order a service-related item from Sears again, and certainly, after reviewing this website, no major appliance.

Review about: Sears Installation.

Comments

JonJet76

Dispute the installation and delivery charges with your credit card company. They shouldn't have charged you since it was their fault. Don't let them push around customers!