With Company response Not resolved

We bought a Nordic Track 7700 from Sears and they said it was the same exact model as Nordic Track sells and that I could buy it from Nordic Track. I know companies change the quality, motor, etc. when selling to lower quality stores (sears does not have quality merchandise for the most part). He assured me that it was the same exact machine as Nordic Track and that I could buy the 7700 directly from them. That was an untruth.

He said that the console would project to the TV screen (I'm short and can't see the console and want to do the google map routes and use the browser and be able to see it). He assured me that the browser and trail maps would all display on the TV screen so I could see them. That was an untruth.

He also told me that the ifit subscription was free with the machine I bought. I tried to pay for it and he said it was included with this machine. That was an untruth.

All of which was false. Nordic Track was very unhelpful and one person was rude and in so many words said it was my problem. If they are going to use Sears as an agent then it's their problem too.

He told me it would be 30mns to 1hour set up and simple. It was difficult, complicated and 4 hours. That was an untruth.

I posted my complaint on Sears and a representative, for the sake of customers reading these posts, asked me to send my contact info so they could help me. I sent it and never heard from them—I pretty much figured it was an empty gesture from everything I've heard about Sears customer service (oxymoron).

After many attempts to talk to the Store Manager we finally got a hold of him and he said we could return it (duh, that's the law) but he wouldn't pick it up for 2 weeks and after that he would give us our money back. My husband asked if he really wanted to lose a customer over a simple product pickup and he was completely unconcerned about it.

I have written many reviews on Sears and Nordic Track today (Nordic Track needs to sell through someone else) but hadn't written one to the Better Business Bureau (BBB) but we are going to do that tonight when my husband gets home.

Buy socks on sale but NOTHING else from Sears, too many good reputable places to have to deal with a place like Sears.

Review about: Sears Manager.

Comments

SearsCares
Sears Response

Anonymous,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with the information on your Nordic Track.My name is Jack and I am with the Sears Social Media Escalations team.

Please accept our apology for the issues that you experienced. We would like to a have a case manager contact you to discuss your concerns in greater detail. At your earliest convenience, please email the following information –contact phone number, screen name (Anonymous482426), and phone number used at the time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com.

Again we’re sorry for any trouble this may have caused and we look forward to speaking to you soon.

Jack C.

Social Media Moderator

Sears Social Media Support

Titusville, Florida, United States #804343

Actually regarding return laws in South Dakota "There are no state laws regulating return policies. Each store may set its own policy."