With Company response Not resolved

Purchased for a Christmas gift on 12/10/11.Did not arrive by Christmas.

I had to go to the Sears store and buy another on 12/23/11. Three phone calls and ridiculou excuses and it is now 1/4/12 with no credit back to me. The classic' "Wait 3-5 days for email confirmation that card has been traced down. I don't care where you trace it to, I did not receive and I am not going to pay for this.

Bad customer relations and will never buy another one from Kmart/Sears again.Very displeased with customer service.

Comments

In response to above social media support rep:

I did receive and email on 1/6/12, stating that card was cancelled and they would credit my account with the $30.On 1/7/12, I received the cancelled Sears Giftcard.

Today, I received the $30 credit. Exactly one month after purchase. It's a terrible shame that I had to do all of this to get this matter taken care of. I do love this site though.

It seems that I got a quicker result here than all of the Sears Customer Service reps.Thank-you for responding.

SearsCares
Sears Response

Dear Shopehope,

I am so sorry your gift card did not arrive in time for the holiday and you have yet to receive your refund. I apologize for great inconvenience we caused when you had to make a trip into our store. My name is Zenaida and I am part of the Sears Social Media Escalations team. The Sears Cares/Social Media team is part of the corporate customer relations department. We handle the highest level of escalated customer relations issues. I would like to have one of our dedicated case managers contact you in order to ensure proper resolution with refund.

At your convenience, please contact our office via email at smsupport@searshc.com so you don’t have to continue to be frustrated by this. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the gift card was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (Shopehope) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue. We truly value your business and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Zenaida M.