Sears - Gladiator Gear

783 of 3985 Sears reviews

I recently ordered a Gladiator Storage Set that was posted as an "8 Piece Garage System". The picture showed 7 different storage boxes and a work bench for 8 pieces. The "bundle overview" also described set features as " (1) 2-door freestanding GearBox, (1) 5-drawer GearDrawer, (3) tall mobile Gearboxes, (2) 30 in. wall boxes, (1) 6 ft. maple adjustable height workbench."

I actually called Sears to verify this number and ordered it over the phone. When I received my email verification it showed 1 of each of the storage boxes, a work bench...the 3 "other' pieces were (2) gear track for hanging two of the boxes, (32) screws, and (4) end caps. Which I guess in their planning makes 8 pieces.

I called Sears 4 different times and dealt with 6 different people (asked for managers twice). Finally received an email telling me that their figuring was correct I would only be receiving 4 gearboxes a work bench and the 3 different accessories for a total of "8" products. I could cancel my order....

Their website was deceptive and verged on "bait and switch" as they advertised one thing and were prepared to send out another. Buyer Beware!!!

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

Reason of review:
Order processing issue
Preferred solution:
Let the company propose a solution
Product or service
Gladiator Premium 8 Piece Garage Storage System
Review category
Furniture and Decor
review #704290

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Sears? Submit review ›
Helpful? 1 Yes 1 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
783 of 3985 Sears reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan
sportyclassic

Sep 23, 2015 #1038273

Yeah, they do all kinds of trick one of the ones I caught them at was taking a unbranded winter boot and calling it one name and selling for say a regular price of $100 and a discount of 25% then changing the name slightly and the item number and changing the regular price to $85 and a discount of 25% so at not to look like they are trying to blow them out. I took screen shots showing that when you searched for the old item number after it was changed it shows the new one as they did not change the storage location of the images etc. Its false advertising to claim a regular selling price that the item never sold for. They did it twice on one item. Sears is mortally wounded don't get stuck with anything that is not directly backed by the manufacturer.

1 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.