To Whom It May Concern,

I've detailed a timeline of the experience we have had with Sears and it's sub-contractors. Our issues are still un-resolved ……………

11/4/11 -- ordered oven online

11/11/11 – 1st scheduled delivery. Scheduled between 2:00-4:00. The installer (Steve) never showed up and never called. I called him at 4:00 asking where he was. Rescheduled for Saturday at 10:00 (maybe earlier).

11/12/11 -- 2nd scheduled delivery. Again – Steve never showed up and never called.

11/14/11 -- installer (Steve) called me at 7:00/8:00 with no explanation and no apology. Wanted to let me know he would TRY to squeeze me in for Tuesday installation because Monday was already full. When I began to tell him that his service was less than satisfactory, he began yelling at me. He told me he was the only installer I could get, told me good luck, and hung up in my face! About 15 minutes later, his supervisor (Roy) – not with an apology, but just to let me know another installer would be completing the job and they would have to let me know when.

I immediately called the Sears customer service line and filed a complaint. The woman on the phone took down all of the information and told me that someone would be calling me back in 24-48 hours in regards to my complaint – NO ONE EVER DID.

The customer service rep from Sears told me that the name of the installation company was MJ Feagley. Since no one from Sears ever called me back, I decided to just let another installer from this same company install the built-in oven and be done with all of this. But that didn't work either. The installer who came out to the house was very nice and knowledgeable (we later found out, he was the owner). The oven was the wrong size – too small! This after I'd given the Sears sales person the serial number on our previous oven and asked for the newer model to replace it. She assured me that the one she'd selected would fit. So, Brad installed the too-small oven and told us to call Sears and they would make it right.

11/16/11 -- I called Sears and was working on the exchange and purchase of new/correct oven and we were working on installation when the customer service computers went down. I know – unbelievable – right? She couldn't finalize the transaction, and told me that someone would call me back in 24-48 hours to complete everything. NO ONE EVER DID.

11/17/11 -- 3rd scheduled delivery. I decided not to wait, and called the number back again on Thursday, the 17th. Only to be told that because the previous customer service rep had suspended my transaction and sent it to the remote desk (or something like that), that she didn't have access to it and that no one there could help me – I would just have to wait for them to call me back. NO ONE EVER DID and my frustration is reaching a higher peak than I'd ever thought was possible.

11/22/11 -- I received an automated survey regarding my satisfaction with my new appliance, the delivery and installation of that said appliance, and Sears in general. Unbelievable! I gave my honest response along with a recorded note asking someone/anyone from Sears to call me. NO ONE EVER DID.

11/23/11 -- I received an automated call letting me know that my delivery was scheduled for Saturday, the26th – except when the computer recited my address, it was the WRONG address in the WRONG city!! A person quickly picked up my call and was able to correct the address.

11/26/11 -- 4th scheduled delivery. The exchange and installation was scheduled for 1:30 – 3:00. At 2:00 Claudelle called to ask if we had an oven installed. When I said "˜yes', he said, "˜that could be a problem, let me call you back.' Long story short, Claudelle was apparently not an installer and had planned on just dropping off the oven at our house – delivery only. What? So we told him to keep it – return it. Maybe they will call us?

I cannot even begin to express my disappointment and frustration at this entire experience with Sears. I have never in my life been so disenfranchised with a company and witnessed such a true disregard for any amount of customer service much less customer satisfaction. I am sure there is someone there at Sears who is interested in these basic principles of business, but I have not for the life of me been able to get in touch with them via any of the customer service numbers I have tried: 800-549-4505 and 877-878-3687.

Honestly, at this point I don't even know what to do. I am frustrated beyond belief and not sure where to turn.

If you receive this and want to help, please contact me via e-mail at

Michelle W.

Product or Service Mentioned: Sears Installation.

Comments

Take then to conciliation court. It only costs a few dollars, You add that to your claim against them as well.

You do not need a lawyer to do so and they will have to have a lawyer represent them if they want to fight it. They will not want to go to court so they will start to communicate with you.

Do not let them off the hook since you can go to court if they do not come to terms with you. Do not drop the suit until they fix it right.