With Company response Not resolved

To Whom It May Concern:

Just 10 months ago I purchased a washer/dryer with the Master Protection Plan on each.

On 10-17-11, I called because my dryer would not work. It was dead...did nothing. The representative asked me to call back because their system was down and he could not give me an appointment.

I called later the same day and got the same answer.

I called the next day. I spoke to a gentleman who wanted to troubleshoot the issue over the phone to see if we could rule out some things. First he asked me to unplug my dryer and plug something else into the receptacle. I told him I'd have to have another dryer to do that. He seemed confused...not even knowing what he was saying. I told him the dryer would not do anything. It was probably the TIMER or the SWITCH. He gave me a repair date of 10-21-11 between 1-5pm. FOUR DAYS

I waited all evening and at 4:45pm I receive an automated call that stated I would need to call back in and reschedule because the repairman could not make it. I called immediately and was told he would be there shortly. Around 5:40pm, he comes in makes a mess and tells me he has the wrong parts on his truck. He does not have a TIMER OR SWITCH to fit my dryer. He will be back in a WEEK on 10-28-11. SEVEN DAYS

Well today…..AGAIN after waiting from 1 till after 4pm…… he comes in...makes a mess...... and says……….I HAVE THE WRONG PART…….… Now I have a repair date of November 1. FOUR DAYS

Still my dryer does not work and I've made arrangements to be home and cleaned up behind this guy on 2 consecutive Fridays!!!!!!!!!!!

I think this type of service in not satisfactory at all. It should not take WEEKS to put a timer in a dryer. I got similar service on a riding mower from you several years ago. I told myself I'd never make major purchases from Sears again. I should have stood by my original decision. I have been telling everyone who will listen this story…and it's kind of strange…but I'm hearing a lot of people tell me they've had the same experiences with Sears.

At this point I do not plan to buy anything else from Sears…LESSON LEARNED!!!

Review about: Sears Protection Plan.

Comments

nikalseyn

I read the response by "SearsCares" and have to laugh.Sure, Sears really "cares".

Why? Because they mouth that expression over and over again. These are the same guys who say "your call is important to us" while making you go thru a menu, keeping you on hold for ages, or having a rep who does not speak or understand English try to "help" you. Bottom line: don't shop at Sears.

I have found Lowe's in my town to be the best for appliances, but that is my town.

You need to find a place that actually cares about their customers, in your own town.Just stay away from Sears.

SearsCares
Sears Response

Dear LadyRambler:

Please accept our apologies for the problems you have encountered attempting to get your dryer repaired. I'm not sure how to adequately convey sincerity to you but you should know that we are here to help with this and any other Sears related issue you may be having or have had. I certainly can understand you frustration with being without your dryer since October 17th and still having to wait for another service appointment because of our technician having the wrong part. Your time and business is valuable to us and we would like to look into this situation further and offer our assitance. My name is Susan and I am part of the Social Media Support Escalations team at Sears. We are a single point of contact for escalated concerns which means we step into a situation and handle it start to finish with one Case Manager.

At your convenience, please contact our office via email at smsupport@searshc.com so you don’t have to continue to be frustrated by this. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the dryer was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (LadyRambler) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Susan R.