With Company response

Re: regarding order number 450633841.January 3, 2013 I called Sears to order a stackable washer/dryer unit.

Placed order over phone and my credit card was processed while I was on the phone. I then realized I needed to order the water hoses and dryer exhaust hose to go with it. The same person I was still on the line with stated that they couldn't add to my order, but would have to fill out a new order which would involve another delivery charge ($69) and it wouldn't be delivered with the washer/dryer -- different delivery truck and date. I thought this was a joke, but they insisted there was no way to change the order and no way to even call the delivery people to get them on the same truck.

I said I would have to cancel the order, as this was ridiculous. How could they set up my unit without the hoses? I spoke to a supervisor, who said this was true, and nothing could be done about it. I asked to speak to someone higher up and got transferred to a call center in the Philippines where my frustration grew after being read "stock" answers and comments to everything I said.

It got old quickly. They said I could speak with a case worker, but there wasn't one available and they didn't know how long it would be before one was available. They assured me my order had been cancelled, but couldn't give me a confirmation number for that. I stated that when I cancel a hotel reservation, I get a confirmation number.

I also stated that without some kind of reference number for the cancellation, I had no way to prove I had even cancelled. They assured me I would get a cancellation notification via e-mail in two to three days. I have yet to receive one, four days later. I complained online to Sears and was assured they would process my cancellation and that I would receive notification of said cancellation via e-mail.

Still no notice. Today I received two phone calls from an 800 number regarding delivery. After the second call, I pressed zero repeatedly and was being transferred to "Customer Service". It was the call center in the Philippines again.

They had no record of my cancellation. In addition, they asked me over and over if I wanted to still have the delivery and they would give me a discount. They again asked why I wanted to cancel. They couldn't confirm that they understood I had already cancelled.

It was like talking to a brick wall. They didn't seem to understand anything I was telling them. I yelled, "CANCEL, CANCEL, CANCEL" over and over again and hung up in utter frustration. As of right now, I feel as though Sears has stolen my money and I have serious doubts as to whether I will ever get it back.

I have written an e-mail again back to the initial e-mail respondent. I think next I'll try contacting my state Attorney General. I will NEVER shop at SEARS again, ever. Something is seriously wrong with this company and I advise everyone to steer clear of it.

Very disappointed and I will not take this lying down.To top it off, I just received an e-mail from SEARS.COM, thanking me for my order!!

Sears Response

Dear Anonymous373449,

My name is Jay and I am part of the Social Media Support team at Sears and I am very alarmed about what I have read here. We are truly sorry for the trouble and inconvenience that you have encountered with your washer and dryer order and our customer service as well. We understand the importance of receiving confirmation for a canceled order and we would like to look further into what has happened surrounding this stackable washer/dryer order and see what can be done to correct any mistakes that may have been made to help minimize your frustrations. At your convenience, please send us an email to smadvisor@searshc.com providing a contact phone number and the phone number that the unit was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email please provide the screen name (Anonymous373449) for reference to your issue and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Jay C.

Social Media Moderator

Social Media Support Team

to Sears Response #591330

I have sent you the requested e-mail with my contact number.I still have no resolution to this problem, even through promised in e-mail from Sears.com that I would receive confirmation of the processing of my cancellation by yesterday at the latest (Jan.

8).Sears continues to disappoint me in every way.

to Adrienne #591331

That should read Jan. 8th, 2012.

to Adrienne Carlsbad, California, United States #591861

Received an e-mail that they couldn't call me because of the time difference between Iowa and New Mexico.What idiots!

This online "Media Support Team" is clearly in the Philippines, as well. They send e-mails with English/American common names, but, they are the same group as the phone bank. They have stock answers and send e-mails whereby they fill in the blanks, make up a name, and send to you, just to buy time. I have an e-mail now saying the order is cancelled, but Sears still has my money.

Thieves.They need to be boycotted and put out of business.