With Company response

I used Sears online ordering on December 2nd to order two DVD/VCR combos for Christmas and selected home delivery. A week after ordering them I received an email stating my purchase was ready for pickup at the store. What?! I called customer service and they stated it was an error in their system and that my order would be shipped to me. I finally received 1 of them on the 14th.

By the 21st I'm getting concerned the other one won't be here in time for Christmas so I call customer service again. They have no record of anything being shipped (not even the one I received) and cannot tell me if/when the other one will be shipped. I tell them to cancel 1/2 the order and I'll just go to the store (which I was trying to avoid and the whole point of online ordering, but whatever)and pick one up. The customer service rep says she is canceling the 2nd shipment and will refund me the $.

Today I'm looking over my credit card statement and notice there is no credit from them. I call customer service again and I'm told that they have no record of anything being shipped or cancelled and they'll have to contact UPS to check the status of the shipments before they can issue me a refund. Here's a sampling of our conversation:

ME: "If you have no record of a shipment how do you expect UPS to check a status?"

SEARS: "Maam, I don't know how their system works but they can research it"

ME: "What are you asking them to research? You have no record of a shipment and no tracking #"

SEARS: "They will need to research this order to find out if it was shipped"

ME: "Seriously? You need to call UPS to find out if your company shipped an order?"

SEARS: "Yes"

That was only the 1st minute of the 10 minute conversation, where I was informed that nothing was done with the order when I called on the 21st and now I would have to wait 6-10 business days for UPS to get back to them before they would issue me a refund. At one point I got a little lippy and said if she didn't have a record of any shipment at all then they could just cancel the whole order and refund me all the $. She informed me that would be stealing because I just told her I received one of them. And I say "Oh - but it's not stealing when you take my money without giving me a product and then refuse to give it back to me!"

I have a strange feeling I'll be speaking with Sears a few more times before this gets resolved, but one thing is for sure. I will never shop there again!

Comments

Had an issue with product phoned customer service and had the worst experience dealing with them and no my issue was not resolved. Paid for new and they delivered a refurbished product then blamed it on the manufacturer , it was Sears who delivered the product not the manufacturer. Deceitful.

exact same thing happened to me.ordered clinique over the phone from sears, Summer (the sales associate) said she would ship it in two weeks.

Nothing happens so I call apparently my order was not in stock (love how no one bothered to call and let me know) So i said that is okay i'll come down and just pick out some other products. Go in and buy things and am assured my other order was cancelled. Worried because I know that Sears has the WORST customer service, I called again to remind them that my order is cancelled. Yet almost a month passes by and my credit card then gets charged and the cancelled order gets shipped.

Whatever, I'll keep the products considering I paid for them but I'm just really upset that even though the order was apparently cancelled they still kept my credit card info to charge me on cancelled orders.My fault, I should have known better than to shop at Sears.

:( an awful place to shop..awfull customer serivce..they are so rude.. all the stuff are old fashioned ..especialy the sears in glendale the building is so old and they dont remodel ..and all their stuff are oldfashioned..its a great place for old grandpas!!

SearsCares
Sears Response

DanielM,

I'm very sorry about your jacket. My name is Brian H. with Sears Cares and I would like to help with getting this issue resolved. I would like to get you in touch with a personal case manager who will assist with taking care of any concerns you might still have with Sears. At your convenience please contact my office via email at smsupport@searshc.com. Please provide us a contact number and we will call you at your convenience. In addition, include your screen name (DanielM) in the email so we can reference to your case.

Brian H.

Sears Cares

I ordered a jacket from sears.com and the shipping was fast but the jacket came with an ink security tag.

After 6+ tries contacting customer service this oaf Andrew suggests I call around to local retailers to see if they will remove it, seeing as the local sears store can't.

After loosing my temper his supervisor gets on the phone and says that they will refund all m,y money, that is to be seen.

No retailer that could in my area want to remove the tag because they said it might be stolen.

I attempted to remove it to no avail, the ink tag exploded all over the sleeve.

Sears.com is the absolute worse and I will never order from them again.

By the way, do any americans work for sears.com?

I didn't speak to any.

Found Sears to be an unpleasant company to work for and shop at.As an employee they constantly acted like all their customers were trying to steal from them.

Yet, they were doing very unethical things with the credit cards.

It should not have surprised me in the least when they started acting like many of their employees were also taking things.In addition I found their clothes to be out of date and often ugly.