With Company response Not resolved

i have bought a leaf blower on 04/17/12 for $249.99+Tax at the Nanuet location cause i had a job and i had to use this product my friend recommended me to go to sears he buys all his equipment and tools there and they have good service i went on the job on the 18th a day later put in gas and oil and started leaking oil at start up so i ran over to home depot bought a new one and thought i will return it the next day to sears i went back to sears today on the 19th and the night manager in that department told me that i cannot return it cause the policy was for lawn equipment if im not satisfied i can only exchange it in this situation the product was broken i told the manager that i will call customer relations and complain he told me that he will get a phone call and he will make sure that i won't be able to return it so i called up sears/craftsman and they called the store manager and he told me that this time the manager is right and i can only exchange it i'm never shopping at sears anymore and will tell friends/family to stay away from them they are the worst customer service i ever had!!

Comments

I went to sears in overland park kansas and it was awful. Sears computers are way out dated.

I was with my two young sons and we were in one line and the register would not print reciepts so we walked over to jewelry and the register would not work so we spent 33 minutes trying to check out.. Then on top of that they charged me double on two different items. The manager was rude and could care less. I hope sears goes out of buisness.

With the way they treat their customers they must want to!!!! Never going back!!

SearsCares
Sears Response

Dear Tryjoey:

Please accept our apologies for the manner in which your non working leaf blower was handled. My name is Susan with Sears Social Media Support Escalations team and we would like to look into this situation and offer our assistance to help resolve it. We certainly understand your frustration with not being able to return this non working item only exchange it.

At your convenience please contact our office via email at smsupport@searshc.com and a dedicated case manager will contact you directly. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the leaf blower was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide your screen name (Tryjoey) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Susan R.