With Company response

Sears' customer service is just terrible! I am having an issue with them, and it's impossible to discuss things with them on any sort of equal footing.

They insist on recording calls from a customer service representative (CSR), but the CSR will not agree to let me record the call. What right does a company have to insist on recording a call without giving the other party the same opportunity?

They appear to be very arrogant, especially for a company that is bleeding money. It is very sad to see how bad Sears has become after being a premier retail chain.

Comments

Morristown, Tennessee, United States #737120

Had a rebate issue with Sears that made absolutely no sense. My dimes stay away from there until the end of time!!

My experience with Sears Customer Service is the same. It is terrible.

Will never buy anything for more than $10 from them again.

It is sad. I remember when they were great and their installers knew what they were doing.

SearsCares
to Anon Hoffman Estates, Illinois, United States #735312
Sears Response

Anon,

My name is Dianne with Sears Social Media Support Escalations team. I found your post here and wanted to reach out and offer our sincere apologies. It is our goal at Sears to provide our members with the highest quality of products and service. I am sorry if we disappointed you. We would be more than happy to speak to you further on what has transpired and offer our assistance to help. Please send the following information – contact #, screen name (Anon) and the phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com.

Dianne D.

Social Media Moderator

Social Media Support Team

SearsCares
Sears Response

Hello Anonymous,

Thank you for reaching out to us about your concern with call recording, we see how this issue is of concern to you. Telephone calls may be recorded or monitored solely for quality and training purposes in accordance with our efforts of providing superior member services. My name is Brian and I am a member of the Sears Cares Social Media Support team. After having read your post, I wanted to reach out to you. We would be happy to put you in touch with a case manager to receive further assistance. At your earliest convenience, please send the following information – contact #, the name and phone # used at time of purchase, as well as the screen name I have assigned to reference your post (anonymous453990), to smadvisor@searshc.com and a case manager will contact you directly. Again, we’re sorry for the confusion and we look forward to speaking with you soon.

Brian L.

Social Media Moderator

Sears Social Media Support

to Sears Response Piscataway Township, New Jersey, United States #769473

Superior member services? Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Your member services are the WORST in the industry.

You won't allow anyone ELSE to record calls because you are all so lacking and untrained in being able to get anything done and so rude and uncaring. What you do to people borders on illegal and is for SURE immoral. Taking money from people and insulting them is ridiculous.

I don't understand HOW you could lie to,people and give them false hope. How do you sleep at night?