I just hung up after waiting on hold for about the 11th call I've made to Sears this time after 1 hr 1 min and 54 seconds with no one coming back on the line I hung up.

They never came to my house for a scheduled repair appt because the new $3,000 Elite refrigerator woke me out of a sound sleep at 4 am. with a noise that sounded like a large generator running.

Instead of coming out to the house the repairman said OH if there is no error message on the front of the screen on your fridge that means there is nothing wrong. I repeated to make sure I was safe if he didn't come out and said SO, if there is no error message that means nothing is wrong and he said yes to try to record the sound.

When I opened my fridge next it was 54 degrees and everything in the freezer was defrosted.

I called and they said no one could come until after the weekend.

I asked for reimbursement for the food and they said no because while under warranty I didnt have an extended service warranty.

I explained if their technician had come out when he was supposed to and BECAUSE HE WAS 100% WRONG THAT THERE WAS NO PROBLEM WITH MY MACHINE - IT WAS ACTUALLY DEFROSTING EVEN THOUGH THE ERROR MESSAGE DID NOT SHOW UP UNTIL 2 DAYS LATER - HE WOULD HAVE FOUND THE OLD FASHIONED WAY OF DIAGNOSING THE MACHINE THAT THE EVAPORATOR FAN HAD FROZEN AND THAT IS WHY I HAD NO COLD AIR.

I VERIFIED THIS WITH 3 TECHNICICANS THAT IF HE HAD COME OUT HE WOULD HAVE SEEN THE PROBLEM.

NOW THIS IS A $3,000 FRIDGE 6 MONTHS OLD AND THE NEW TECHNICIAN WHO CAME WHO WAS VERY NICE SAID THAT HE COULDN'T GET THE PART ANYWHERE.

I ASKED IF THEY COULD OVERNIGHT IT AND HE WROTE THAT DOWN.

DID THEY NO.

DID THEY EVEN ORDER IT. I HAVE MADE AT LEAST 15 CALLS ON THIS AND WAS TOLD TODAY BY SEARS THAT THAT MAN HAD NEVER EVEN COME OUT TO MY HOUSE.

THANK GOODNESS I HAD THE RECEIPT HE HAD GIVEN ME SHOWING THE PART # AND THE DATE HE WAS HERE.

SO NOW I HAVE LOST AN ENTIRE REFRIGERATOR OF FOOD THEY CLAIM THEY ARE NOT PAYING ME BECAUSE THE APPT WAS CANCELLED AND I DON';T HAVE A WARRANTY - THEY FAIL TO UNDERSTAND THAT IF THEIR REPAIRMAN HAD SHOWN UP ON THE DAY INSTEAD OF RELYING ON AN ERROR CODE THAT NEVER APPEARED UNTIL IT WAS TOO LATE I MIGHT HAVE SAVED MY FOOD.

I WILL BE SMALL CLAIMING THEM . IF ANYONE HAS HAD A SIMILAR EXPERIENCE AND SUCCEEDED IN GETTING A REIMBURSEMENT I'D LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU.

Review about: Sears Repair.

Comments