My wife and I purchased a refrigerator, stove, and range hood from Sears while remodeling our kitchen. We hadn't shopped at Sears let alone bought anything from them for nearly fifteen years due to the pushy techniques and aggressive selling of extended warranties. These appliances were high end stainless steel with the latest technology. What a disappointment! In less than a year the refrigerator malfunctioned. The light melted the interior components, the seals on the freezer leak, handles constantly loosen, retention catches to hold the door closed snapped off.......and yes......the temperature fluctuated to the point where we lost some hundreds of dollars of food. The service people were as dysfunctional as the refrigerator as it took weeks and multiple calls to even get a person to admit that " that model had an isolated problem and a recall notice had been issued". We dealt with a clownish unprofessional repairman who argued with us about the warranty, then ordered $1000.00 worth of parts without ever saying what was wrong.

We eventually just asked the repairman to leave after he told me that I would have to pull the refrigerator out and swing it around so he could "Do a diagnostic". We used a cooler on the floor for our "cold" foods.

A second repairman was sent out and only partially fixed the problems then instructed us on how to report the broken door latches as they weren't covered under the warranty so we wouldn't have to pay for it. In other words, instructing us how to lie and cheat to get the needed repairs. One of the parts didn't ship and we were consequently told when it came in to just put it in the refrigerator. The parts for repair were shipped to our home without our consent and we were told to check the shipment when it arrived to " make sure it all shipped".

I nor my wife will ever buy anything from Sears again. In fact, I make it a practice to tell our story to as many people as I can in order to save them the poor service, marginal products, and grieve we went through.

Oh, yes, the range hood broke twice but I fixed it myself because even though I don't know anything about range hoods, it was much easier and quicker to do it myself.

Review about: Sears Repair.

Comments