With Company response Not resolved

It all started when I ordered a cheap Tablet from Sears. A few days after on December 11, 2012 I went to the grocery store to buy groceries because I knew how much money I had in my account. To my embarrassment upon check out they said my debit card was denied. I had to leave the store with no groceries and with my face red and my eyes tearing up..When I got home, I checked my online bank card balance. It was in the red. Upon closer inspection I noticed Sears had charged me once for the Tablet and then they had another charge in a pending state. If you don't know what that means it means the money is being held till Either the seller says put it through or it eventually drops off. That pending one made my balance in the red. basically I got charged twice for on item. I called Sears and asked them why. The first CSR I talked to said I only got charged once and I needed to talk to my bank. I called my bank and they said somehow my card was charged twice but the pending one would eventually drop off and my money would be back. I said when? They said December 16th. They said they couldn't do anything about it, that I would have to talk to Sears. I called Sears back and was on the phone with them for about 40 minutes. being put on hold. The guy came back and said it has been reported to the online solutions dept and I would hear back from them within 48 business hours. I said please give me to a supervisor. I talked to some one who was with that dept Online solutions dept and she said if I send them a fax with the info from my bank showing both transactions they would be able to help me. So I faxed them with all the info. Later on in the day I called customer service and asked to be transferred to online solutions. She said just a minute transferred me to some school so I called back again. I asked to speak to online solutions again. THE CSR was very rude asking me why, and I told her I had already talked to a csr who couldn't help me and I needed to speak with online solutions. she kept asking me stuff she said I cant just transfer you over there. I asked for a supervisor. Had to keep asking over and over again for the supervisor before she would transfer me. I asked the supervisor if she had my account in front of her. She said she did, I said then you can see my history she said yes. I said the reason I wanted to talk to Online Solutions was to find out if they received my fax. She said you won't be able to find out anything for three to five days. I told her exactly how I felt about that without using profanity lol and hung up she was no help. I got online found their website and wrote about what had happened I sent them two emails then I got on the Sears site (on Facebook) On the 14th and wrote about how I felt. I received a "copy and pasted" statement about how sorry they were, and to contact them through email. I had already done so and told them that. On the 15th I finally got an email saying they would contact me in 24 to 48 business days. This was a Saturday which meant I wouldn't even start the 24 to 48 days till Monday. On Sunday I finally had my money back into my account. BUT that doesn't make up for the hassles I went through and the not being able to decent food for a week because they held my grocery money. I really hope they contact me but, I really doubt with all the comments I have seen that they will.If they have wronged you please comment below so everyone can see what a bad company they are.

Oh and on their Facebook page they have threatened to ban me for speaking my mind.

Comments

mssnow
Eugene, Oregon, United States #584428

To Susan at Sears cares, Yep I heard that same line on Facebook with Brian, I sent you guys all of my info in and email and I got a reply on he 15th of December stating it would be 24 hours and the person assigned to my case would get back to me. Sorry but its been way past 24 hours. if you are going to be longer than 24 hours then you should state that in the email.

This is my reply email, if you lost it then it is NOT my problem.

Dear Ms. Goss,

We apologize for the difficulties you have encountered. A case manager has been assigned to address your concerns. We will contact you within 24 business hours.

Kiera Johnson

Sears & Kmart Social Media Team

Email: SMSupport@searshc.com

Hours: Monday – Friday 8:00 AM – 8:00PM (CST)

Saturday/Sunday – 8:00 AM – 8:00 PM (CST)

BFC: 1180592

SearsCares
Sears Response

Dear mssnow,

Please accept our sincere apologies for all the hassle and run around your experienced while attempting to get a double charge taken off your account. I can imagine your frustration, concern and embarrassment when your debit card was denied at the grocery store. As a consumer, I would feel very much the same way you have about this ordeal. My name is Susan with Sears Social Media Support Escalations team. We are a single point of contact for escalated issues which means that your issue is handled by one dedicated case manager who will contact you and help resolve your situation. I found your post here and wanted to reach out and offer the assistance of one of our case manager's who at the very least would like to speak with you regarding this experience. We value your business very much and want to make sure that everything that can be done to help you has been done.

At your convenience please contact our office via email at SMAdvisor@searshc.com and a dedicated case manager will contact you directly. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the Tablet was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide your screen name (mssnow) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Susan R.