I went to work for Sears Home Improvement which is an unethical subsidiary of Sears.I ran their leads, which were not true leads to me (seasoned with 18 years commissioned only pay).

Most people were duped into making an appointment as if it was going to be a casual home improvement assessment of their needs. They thought we might spend an hour, we were mandated to spend 3 hours and our lap tops kept track of where we were geographically, how long we stayed on a single slide and how long we were in the home. We were told to be very HIGH pressure - sell on the first appointment. If the customer asked us to come back for a second appointment, another sales person got the sale - never the first.

Most of the people could not afford what we were selling, and the quality of the product is not at all what they claim. They never want their sales staff to find out what the service people are doing. 80% of my customers were unhappy with the product and installation of their new kitchen, bath, carpeting, etc. Most people do not want to buy on the first appointment, and customers that I had that did, were unhappy with the results.

Some customers could not qualify financially - none of that was checked ahead, so here I went often 2 - 3 hours of travel to a customer's home, 3 appointments a day, up checking leads at 7:30 AM and getting home at 1 AM. They CLAIM they pay $0.21 a mile - but management gets the other government specified amount of the $0.54 (.54 - .21 = 23 cents for every mile they send you on they get in their greedy pockets - they LOVE to send you far away.) Then if you have to go back to a customer, you pay for your gas to go back 200 miles. One day I drove for 8 hours alone - had 3 appointments. My manager told me that he did not want to send anyone to the Arkansas border where they had sent me to sell because it was too far away - and she was buying!

They cheated me out of the $0.21 a mile as well by about 1000 miles. They did not pay for the last three sales I made - telling me I owed them money. They lie to the customers - "tell them anything they want to hear" said my manager. "Tell them it's going to be beautiful and they will buy." (No matter that it is not going to be anything near what they wanted or could get elsewhere and for cheaper and better installation.

I could go on and on....but unless you have a lot of money to spend on gas and car maintenance, love to just drive and give high pressure sales with lies and deceit, haul heavy bags of samples around and don't care if you get paid, this job is not for you. Sears Home Improvement is a scam of the worst sort preying on people under a name, Sears, that most people have trusted for their life for quality. That's why I went to work there, and I will never step foot in another Sears store for any reason, nor will I buy any of their products elsewhere. Oh and my manager showed me that he has the number 666 in every password - yes, the number of the devil and he is proud of it.

Is that the Sears you know?Hardly.

Review about: Sears Installation.

Comments