With Company response Not resolved

So I bought the kids a ping pong table from Sears - the price seemed right. Drove the SUV to the store to pick it up - it was huge - too big to fit in the car.

So we set up home delivery - for after Christmas. I paid them $69.00 for the service.

Biggest mistake ever.

It's understandable when a delivery truck breaks down - so even three hours after the driver called on Thursday promising he'd be there in 40 minutes, explaining the unfortunate incident, I wasn't really upset. Trucks break down sometimes.

But what has happened since shows how completely incompetent and disorganized Sears has become.

I asked a simple question: when would the table be delivered? Thursday later or another day? Sears couldn't or wouldn't answer. I got switched from person to person, from department to wrong department. At the "global" customer service center if the person spoke English he or she was unable to deviate from a script that said they "understood my frustration."

But they had no answers. Several hours later a representative of the delivery company called and said he'd arrange a Saturday delivery. I said "Great!"

Then Sears called again...using a robo dialer...saying the delivery would be Friday between 12:30 and 2:30. So someone stayed around a second day to wait. Just before 12:30 Sears called saying they'd forgotten one thing: to take the table off the broken down truck. It was still out somewhere, and no one thought to take a second one out of stock and deliver that.

Saturday, they promised, 10 AM. So Friday night the robodial call came...but this time rather than simply confirming a delivery it switched me to the "global" call center, where a barely communicative representative asked me for my phone number (never mind that they had just dialed it) and asked me a variety of "verification" questions, before hanging up on me rather than simply telling me if or when the delivery would actually be made.

I really don't know if they actually will show up or not. But at least a half dozen Sears customer service reps have now explained how they "understand my frustration."

Deal with Sears Home Delivery again? Not me...and at your own peril!

Review about: Sears Delivery Service.

Comments

Piscataway Township, New Jersey, United States #768672

Don't trust the "Sears doesn't care" team. They will just cause you more frustration and try to give you a 25 dollar gift card to shut you up.

SearsCares
Sears Response

Dave3474,

We thank for taking the time to let us know about this situation. My name is Liz and I am a member of the Sears Cares Escalations team. We can truly understand how important it is to have your children’s ping pong table delivered in a timely manner. We would be happy to connect you with one of our dedicated case managers to assist you and address your delivery concerns. Please send the following information – contact #, screen name (dave3474), phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com. Again, we apologize for the inconvenience we have caused you and look forward to speaking with you.

Liz R.