SEARS HOME IMPROVEMENT NEEDS ''TIME'' BEFORE SUPERIOR COURT JUDGES IN AMERICA (every state in the union)....SO PLEASE FILE YOUR SMALL CLAIMS ACTIONS AND FILE YOUR LAWSUITS IN SUPERIOR COURTS AND IF YOU ARE OVER 60 GET YOU A SENIOR/ELDER LAW ATTY....MAKE AMERICA AWARE OF THESE LEGAL SHISTERS....(& don't expect too much help from state construction license boards---they be commercial brethren). SHI is ''not'' our old American darling:SEARS....that we loved so much. Today's Sear's Home Improvement is a monster comparatively. I'm a consumer activist and an elder activist and they got me. I told them flat-out, "I feel like I've been fleeced!" So. I plan to TEST THE SENIOR & ELDER (FINANCIAL) LAWS IN MY STATE, CALIFORNIA. I am 69. I hired SHI simply because of the name SEARS!!!!

MAJOR COMPLAINT:

*NO INVOICE. YOU ONLY GET ONE NUMBER FOR A KITCHEN. THAT'S IT. AND ONE NUMBER FOR A BATHROOM. THAT'S IT. NOTHING MORE. NO INVOICE. NO MORE BREAKDOWN THAN THAT. SO. LET'S SAY YOU ORDERED A HIGH-END PRODUCT, A SINK, THAT MAY HAVE COST $500 (or more--you don't know, they won't say) BUT WHEN YOU SAW THIS HIGH-END PRODUCT YOU SAID TO CHANGE IT TO A STAINLESS STEEL SINK LIKE YOU WANTED IN THE BEGINNING. WELL. YOU DON'T GET ANY KIND OF PAPERWORK THAT TELLS YOU SOME SORT OF CREDIT WAS DONE EVEN IF THEY CHARGED YOU FOR A CHANGE OF MIND AND THE INSTALLER TOLD YOU THERE WAS NO EXTRA CHARGES FROM THEIR COMPANY FOR DOING THIS. EVEN IF THEY DID CHARGE....DON'T YOU WANT TO SEE THAT ON AN INVOICE? IF THEY FORGOT TO DO ''ANYTHING'' WOULDN'T YOU LIKE TO HAVE AN INVOICE SO YOU COULD KNOW IF THEY CHARGED YOU FOR THAT SERVICE OR PRODUCT. YOU GET NO OTHER NUMBER; YOU GET NO OTHER PAPERWORK BUT THE CONTRACT.

*I SIGNED THE CONTRACT IN MARCH-2014, THEY DIDN'T COME UNTIL MAY-2014 AND THEY DIDN'T LEAVE UNTIL THE END OF JULY-2014 AND EVERY ONE OF THE WORKERS AND INSTALLERS BUT ONE, THE SINK GUY, WAS FROM ANOTHER COUNTRY: EMIGRANTS, BUT NO PROBLEM WITH THAT, UNTIL IT'S YOUR MONEY AND THEN THEY CAN'T SPEAK A WORD OF ENGLISH. ALL IN ALL THOUGH, I WAS GLAD THERE WERE NO BIG PROBLEMS WITH ALL THOSE STRANGE GUYS IN MY HOUSE.

*NOTE: YOU NEED TO KNOW THIS......THAT IF SEARS HOME IMPROVEMENT DOESN'T PAY THOSE COMPANIES AFTER YOU PAY SEARS....THOSE SUBCONTRACTED COMPANIES CAN STILL SUE YOU AND PUT A LIEN ON YOUR PROPERTY. (YOU ARE MUCH BETTER OFF DOING THE SUBCONTRACTING YOURSELF. JUST CALL COMPANIES AND CHECK THEM OUT...)

*EVERYTHING I WANTED WAS NOT DONE LIKE, A BACKSPLASH, MY 40-YEAR OLD BACKSPLASH IS STILL ON MY WALL VERY GREASY....WITH THE INSIDES OF MY 40 YR OLD CABINETS--THEY DO NOTHING ABOUT THE OLD INSIDES AND NO RECESS LIGHTING WAS DONE...CAN YOU IMAGINE ME PAYING FOR THAT AND DON'T HAVE IT--HOW WOULD I KNOW WHAT THEY CHARGED ME FOR IN THE $18,000 THEY SAY I OWE UNLESS I HAVE SOME KIND OF INVOICE WITH A BREAKDOWN OF THE COST?

EVERY COMPANY HAS TO GIVE A BREAKDOWN, AN INVOICE, BUT NOT SEARS.

*i COMPLAINED SO THE DISTRICT MANAGER SAID HE WOULD GIVE ME A $500 CREDIT BUT THAT DOESN'T SEEM TO HAVE HAPPENED BECAUSE NOTHING IS ITEMIZED ON THE SEARS CREDIT CARD--THEY DON'T IDENTIFY THE TRANSACTIONS ON THE CREDIT CARD (AT ALL); (AT ALL). THEY GAVE ME ZERO INTEREST FOR 12 MONTHS. [IF I HAD USED ANOTHER ZERO-INTEREST CARD I COULD HAVE MADE THEM IDENTIFY THE TRANSACTIONS AND ARGUED WITH THEM OVER THE CHARGES BEING PUT ON THE CARD.] ANYWAY, THAT CREDIT CARD MAKES IT EASY FOR THEM TO CHARGE YOU; THEY PUT ANYTHING THEY WANT ON THAT CREDIT CARD. THEY DON'T LABEL IT AND WHEN YOU CALL, LIKE I DID, AND TALKED TO A LOT OF REPRESENTATIVES...SOME GAVE ME TIDBITS OF INFO...AND EVEN PROMISED ME A COPY OF THE INVOICES FOR MY JOB BUT THEN I GOT A LETTER FROM SEARS CREDIT CARD COMPANY ABOUT EACH JOB SAYING ''THOSE RECORDS ARE NOT AVAILABLE''.

A judge has to have an invoice to decide a case, a breakdown, why can't I get the same breakdown as a customer?

*I MADE MY STAND (I WAS ILL BUT MADE MY STAND): "No invoice, no breakdown: no bathroom job!" We went round and round in emails--BE SURE TO USE EMAILS AS YOUR LEGAL RECORD OF WHAT WAS SAID--and I asked for an ''End Number'' which is legal tender establishing the amount in question. They did not respond. They put charges on my credit card. They charged me for the kitchen in its entirety with no back splash, no recess lighting, no floor because I complained and no credit for $500, no credit for $200 stainless steel sink and they charged me 30% of the amt named for the bathroom as a downpayment and they charged me for other stuff, material losses they claim they could not send back but would not show me paper work or allow me to buy these materials.

TOTAL SEARS SAY I SHOULD PAY: $20,000.

PLEASE DO NOT USE ''SEARS HOME IMPROVEMENT''--THE CORPORATE MODEL IS A SCAM...YOU WILL FEEL FLEECED IN THE END.-----MARGARET OPINE

Review about: Sears Claim.

Reason of review: NO INVOICE OR OTHER BREAKDOWN OF COSTS.

Preferred solution: I want an invoice of costs and breakdown for the kitchen and $7,000 adjusted on credit card for added cost for no work whatsoever..

Comments