1.9
Ease of Use
Layout of Store

I contacted Sears Home Services to repair an LG washer that I purchased at Sears within the last 2 years. The technician that arrived was more interested in trying to sell me a warranty than repair the machine.

He diagnosed the leak as a cracked plastic tub (surprisingly not covered by the supposed 10 year warranty). The replacement part was ordered and I was told would be delivered in 6 days, but to check it upon arrival to be sure it wasn't damaged during shipping. Instead of 6 days it was 17 days until delivery and I had to call to reschedule the service call 3 times. Twice I was told Sears Parts Department would contact me within 48 hours to confirm shipment - they never called.

When the part finally arrived, Sears didn't show for the confirmed service appointment time, claiming that they never received confirmation that the part was received. I'm having it installed by someone reliable, instead of Sears.

They can't go out of business fast enough for me . .

Product or Service Mentioned: Sears Washing Machine Repair.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Sears home services customer service.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Sep 22.

Comments

Here is a list of local management to contact, Tom 716-570-1391, Mike 518-331-2341, Lisa 585-455-1711, Darlyene 585-424-0912, Mark 716-536-0159, Bob 716-866-8105, Barb 585-274-9904. If they can’t help you I would recommend calling the bbb and your local news media to do a story on sears. Frank, Rochester NY

h.kitchener

If you buy appliances in the basic, no-frills model all you do when something breaks and you cannot fix it is to buy another. You are ahead in the long run both in time and money. Buying anything from Sears is a bad idea to begin with nowadays anyway.