With Company response

Ken Technician #and the Sears Home Services should be arrested for consumer fraud. Sears charged us $350 repair and Ken told my husband that it would be worth it for a 10 year old dryer that originally cost $4500.

The dryer cost $900 originally. If I had been home I would have refused the work. Originally the scheduled date was on the same day. They never showed never called.

The service center claimed our line was busy. We have a cell phone line they can leave a message. Sears never intended on coming and never called us to cancel or reschedule. I had to contact them.

On the chat I also told them I thought the dryer was newer than 10 years but during the same session I had time to go through my files and find the original receipt. I informed the person on the line that it was indeed older than 10 years and instead of backing up and telling me that it would not be worth the trip he went ahead and scheduled it and would not give us an estimate of the service call. I told him that the dryer drum did not turn and it was not electrical. Then I called them 2 days later after the visit and told him that we never had trouble with the heat and that the service technician, Ken, must have done something to it.

Then they tried to schedule another visit for$75 to look at it. Then they tried to sell us a new dryer. Shame on Sears for taking advantage of us. I will complain to the public and consumer advocates.

Sears should go out of business. They are crooks.

We are $350 poorer but wiser to Sears. We will never buy or use anything affiliated or from Sears.

Comments

SearsCares
Sears Response

Anonymous1948

I came across your post today and wanted to reach out to you to offer our assistance. My name is Liz and I am a member of the Sears Social Media Support Team. I am very sorry to hear of the troubles you are experiencing with your dryer. In addition, I understand your frustrations with the level of customer service you have received from our repair team. I would like to have one of our dedicated case managers speak with you to further discuss your recent experience. At your convenience please contact our office via email at smadvisor@searshc.com so you don’t have to be upset by this any longer. In the email please provide the best contact phone number or the number to which the order is listed under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. In addition, please include your screen name (Anonymous1948) in the email for reference to your issue. Again, we’re sorry for any trouble we have caused and we hope to talk to you soon.

Liz R.