Verified Reviewer

I called Sears and placed a claim for my Kenmore refrigerator on 12/17/2020. A service provider came to my home they diagnosed the refrigerator and stated that it was unrepairable.

I have a Sears Home warranty that clearly states that if my appliance cannot be repaired they would replace the appliance. I have been given the run around for over a month, and now they are stating that the problem is not mechanical and cannot be replaced. There is clearly a defect with this product that was purchased from Sears. They do not want to take responsibility.

I have a block of ice protruding out of the back of the refrigerator where the ice maker is located. That is a mechanical problem caused by the ice maker. I have called another company that took a look at the refrigerator, and they confirmed that this is a mechanical problem with the ice maker.

Sears does not contact their customers back 24 to 48 hours as the say they would. They leaving you hanging for over a month while the customer continues to pay for a plan that does nothing but profit from your monthly payments.

User's recommendation: Do not purchase Kenmore refrigerators. Do not purchase a Sears Home Warranty Plan.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Location: 3800 US Highway 98 North, Lakeland, FL 33809