The panel on my wall oven went out on 10/18. I placed the call with Sears Home Warrant at that time.

The local serviceman came to my home on 11/3 (the earliest date). He advised us the part would take 7 - 14 days to come in. I called the serviceman on 11/13 and left a message on the answering machine (please leave a message and someone will call you back within 24-48 hours). Needless to say, I did not get a call back.

I called Sears Home Warranty again, and explained the issue. They stated they had not heard from the serviceman neither, that they should have filed a report on the service call. I was told that a case manager would call me back within 24 hours, again no call received. I called again, spoke to a different representative, my case was being expedited with the Research department and Research would call me back.

Again, no call received. I called on 11/18 and was on hold for 1 hour and 10 minutes to get through to a representative, who told me the parts were located and they were being expedited, and would be 3-5 days before the serviceman would receive them. At the earliest parts would be received on 11/22/17 (the day before Thanksgiving) and I did not even think that the serviceman would consider doing a house call - no turkey at my house for Thanksgiving this year! Today, 11/27, I called Sears again on hold for 20 minutes to be told parts were received by serviceman.

Called the Serviceman, only one part was received, no tracking number or any other information was provided to the serviceman. Called Sears back again, 30 minutes on hold, to be told what the serviceman had already told me. I asked if someone would call me back with the tracking number and location of part so I would have some idea when I should follow up with the serviceman. I'm still waiting on that call.

DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME/MONEY with a Sears Home Warranty, but your money into an account monthly what you would be paying, and have it ready for when you need it. Much aggravation, and no peace of mind. You are also not saving much.

I am paying $50/month plus the service call of $75, that's $675, I could have bought a new oven prior to Thanksgiving for $699 (stainless steel - too!). Instead, I am still waiting on Sears to repair my 10-year old oven.

Review about: Sears Protection Plan.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments

pwimer

We had a nightmare experience with them through their warranty plan. Dealt with them for over nine months to get a refrigerator repaired.

Had numerous service calls and it was never fixed. I finally canceled the policy it wasn’t worth the aggravation.

I sympathize with you - After being on hold for extended periods of time you cannot reach a person that can solve your problem. We finally bought a new refrigerator from Lowe’s very happy with their service.