Ease of Use
Layout of Store

I purchased the merchandise on 9/26/17 and picked it up on 9/28/17 from Sears in Richmond VA.A 5-year protection plan was also purchased.

Once installed it failed cooling down. Several phone call were placed to the 800-4MYHOME. Each time I was requested to wait time to allow the fridge to cool down. 36 hours later, the department agreed to schedule the repair.

Initial schedule was 10/17/17. I indicated them that I was not in agreement with waiting this long without a fridge, given that I have 3 kids (one under the age of 2 and one under the age of 4) and a pregnant stay home wife. I was advised to go back to the store. I discussed with a store manager.

His rudeness was nothing I have seen before. No identical fridge was available, so I was left to choose a different brand equivalent one, or pay for an upgrade. The only financial help offered was the $89 free delivery. A upgrade was available but he refuse to help us with the price.

It was advertised 50% off, however the retail price was over $600 more than listed on Sears.com. He would not correct the price and apply the advertised discount. He had some concerning views on his ability to inflate the price based on his judgment, not actual market value and that as long as the customer was paying less (not 50% less) , it was a good deal. After he laughed at me for being unreasonable for asking him to apply the 50% discount off of the real price, he went on to ignore me to resume his task.

I was left with no choice but to leave. The nightmare went on. After many phone calls and hours of conversation, I was allowed to call a local provider for the repair as long as it is under $300. I had to call to get authorization for work over the amount of $300.

First service call found a coolant leak, that a specialized appliance repair must handle. I call the recommended company to performed the investigation and quoted me a $800 repair. This was on 10/2/17. Sears (or the department that handles this repairs) declined authorizing the repair and told me I had no choice but to wait for the Sears repair man to do his own investigation.

They were able to move it to 10/7/17. This was a Saturday, the gentleman came in a diagnosed a full replacement of the Evaporators and compressor, as he did not think the repair would be 100% efficient. Possible microscopic cracks may remain, resulting in a leak a few months down the road. However, being a Saturday, no part could be ordered, so he rescheduled another repair service call on the following Monday.

On 10/9/17 another technician came in and ordered all parts. Procurement time, he mentioned, would be over one week, so he scheduled the service on 10/24/17. I called the 800-4MY HOME number, and after several transfers, was told that no replacement could be granted and that only the store could do it, which I indicated my issue with the manager. It made no difference for the operator.

No loaner was proposed, or accelerated service time. I was offered a replacement. I am left with managing a cooler to feed a 5 people family. This is pathetic, inconsiderate, and plain endangerment to leave such family managing the storage of fresh produce out of a cooler for a final duration of 27 days!

Not to mention the food I lost initially. I filled out the online claim. No response.

Not to mention the service calls I paid, that still aren’t reimbursed because the attachments are over 10KB.Not to mention the daily trips to the grocery store because of the limited room in the cooler bought for the occasion, or the ice renewed everyday.

Review about: Sears Home Services Refrigerator Repair.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: False advertising, Rudness, Poor quality, No customer service, Do not pick up the phone during work hours.

Comments

JerGer

Update:

In the meantime I got a call requesting me to move my service call to 10/25/17!After all that time requesting a sooner schedule, I guess they decided to push it away...

I refused but they told me that I had no choice.

All parts were received on 10/13/17 so I called to see if I can get a sooner schedule. As always the answer was no. The operator made it sound that all the people schedule before me were in the same situation.

If this is true there has to be a solution! Sears cannot leave so many families without fridge for this long!

Ps: I had some typo due to the stress of this situation in my initial email.

I wrote that I was offered a replacement, but I meant that I was NOT offered a replacement.Sorry for the confusion.