With Company response Not resolved

5/12/2012 I ordered installation of a new through the wall air conditioning unit from Sears and it was installed incorrectly. The installation crew chose to tape the old grill cover on to the outside rear edge of the sleeve rather than use the new grill that installs inside the sleeve at the rear and screws down to air conditioning unit.

I pointed it out to them and they said what they did, it was good enough. I tried to complain and did not receive any assistance. I have called the 800 Installation service line several times and put on hold for at least 25 minutes each time. I have been hung up on three times after these lengthy hold times.

The line rings through and just disconnects. I am going to put their payment on hold until it is fixed to my satisfaction.

Review about: Sears Installation.

Comments

SearsCares
Sears Response

Dear MNNice,

My name is Stephanie L. and I am with the Sears Social Media Escalations team. We are very sorry to hear that the installation team did not install your new air conditioner to your satisfaction. We understand that the proper installation is expected especially after such a large purchase. We are especially sorry that you have not been able to get through our installation line for assistance. We would like to speak with you to further discuss your experience and to also go over how we can assist. At your convenience please contact our office via email at smsupport@searshc.com and a dedicated case manager will contact you directly. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number your air conditioner was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide your screen name “MNNice” you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Stephanie L.