With Company response

I'm done with SEARS..I will never buy their products or services again (including any of their associated stores like Kmart).Would you believe that I can't even get an idea, just a round figure, of the cost to repair my garage door opener without paying a $75 trip charge to get that estimate?

I know what's wrong with the opener. I told the agent on the phone exactly what it needs. They won't even give me an idea so I can 1) decide if I can afford the repair, and 2) decide if it's even worth putting the money into it. They want to be sure their customers spend some money no matter what.

They are desperate.

Do me a favor...pass this one to everyone.Tell all you know to stay away from the SEARS RIPOFF."

Review about: Sears Repair.

Comments

SearsCares
Sears Response

Valued Sears customer,

My name is Scott and I'm part of the Sears Cares Social Media Executive Support Team. We found your post here and wanted to make a connection with you. We sincerely apologize your repair experience was such an unpleasant one. Unfortunately, no matter how obvious the problem may be to our customers, a Sears technician must be dispatched to diagnose an item before parts can be ordered and repairs completed. A service "trip" fee may be incurred for this diagnosis. We'd like to follow up with you regarding this experience. At your convenience, please contact our office via email at smsupport@searshc.com and a dedicated case manager will contact you directly. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the garage door opener was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number). Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (313084) I have assigned you for this website, for reference to your issue. We do look forward to speaking with you soon.

Scott J.

Sears Cares Social Media Moderator

If they give you a figure and the actual repair was more then you'd complain about that as well. If the opener is old enough that you are wondering if it is worth repairing, it probably isn't.