I bought a patio set.FROM ***.

It was a wrought iron, 3-piece bistro set, 2 chairs, one table. FROM ***. The poured concrete table top had a big gouge out of the side, and a crack running across the entire bottom surface. One of the chairs had two of its connection plates welded on backwards and askew, so that the chair could not be assembled, without breaking the welds and REWELDING.

So 2 out of 3 pieces damaged or completely unusable. I lost 88 minutes of my life and my cell phone minutes, talking to 11, yes, that is right, ELEVEN different people from ALL OVER the world, trying to get a replacement set. They even transferred my call directly to the manufacturer in CHINA!! And the nice man in China basically said, "sorry, you're f#$cked." I dismantled the whole thing, packed it in my car, and drove 20 miles AGAIN to the store for a refund.

They gave me a refund slip, supposedly going back on my credit card. Except the refund doesn't show up! Everything else I do on that credit card, every other store purchase or refund, every every everything else shows up INSTANTLY, but when you call Sears, they will say, "Our refunds typically take 7 to 10 days to show up"!!! Are you kidding me?

Here's what they call "customer service": Repeated, apologetic, mealy-mouthed emails promising "resolution" within 2 days, and never delivering. I played their "resolution" game for two weeks, they strung me along with that! And then digital-age refunds that take 7 to 10 days?! My BUTT!!!

I should've learned 2 years ago, when I bought the Refrigerator From *** from them. But that's a story for another day...

Sears, you are a sad, sad, dying dinosaur.Give it up.

Review about: Sears Replacement.

Comments