With Company response Not resolved

My mother and I walked into the Sears store in Peoria, IL on November 30th in the afternoon.My husband had wrote down word for word what he wanted for Christmas and my mother was there to buy it for him.

We handed the piece of paper to a male associate and he went to look to see if they carried the item. He found out that he didn't, but said he might be able to order it. He looked on his computer and said that he was indeed able to order the product. He said that it didn't come with the batteries or charger, but he said that if he has the Dewalt drill then this is just an add on to the collection and the batteries will be able to be used with the impact wrench kit.

I said perfect then we wouldn't have all these batteries lying around in my garage. He proceeded to order the Dewalt Impact Wrench Kit. We walked out the door and went home. My Mom pulled out her receipt to find that the description on the receipt didn't match the piece of paper my husband had written the item description on.

My Mom called me and I said to call the 800 number for Sears and see if they can stop the shipment since we had just ordered it that day. She called the 800 number and found out the item had already shipped. The person on the phone said that when she receives the wrong item to just take the receipt and the item into the store and they will return it for her for a full refund. As far as the new item, my Mom told the person that she would have me call in since I knew what my husband had wanted and order it with her credit card number.

My Mom proceeded to hang up and call me with her credit card information. I called the same 800 number and ordered the correct item. The person on the other end of the line told me the total and said it would arrive on or before December 10th. I said perfect, is there anything else you need from me?

She said no, is there anything else I can assist you with? I said no not at this time. We hung up. My mother received the item before December 10th, but didn't give it to my husband until Christmas Day.

He opened it and didn't think anything about the battery situation. We came home and he took it out of the box. I told him what the guy told me at Sears about the battery from the drill would work with the wrench kit. He went out to the garage and found out that was not the case.

I had been lied to. The battery for the drill is about twice the size. I proceeded to get the receipt from my mother. I called the Peoria, IL store on January 10th to see how they wanted to process the exchange since we needed the wrench kit with the batteries and charger.

I talked to the store manager, Ryan Whalen. He proceeded to tell me that this item was bought from a vendor and that it can't be returned. I said I was never told that. I said they never once told me I couldn't return this item for a full refund or exchange it.

I said it's not my problem that Sears has some of their items fulfilled by a vendor. What they do on the backside has nothing to do with the customers. He said that he would call the vendor to see if it could be returned since it was purchased outside of the return window. I said I don't want to return it, I want to exchange it.

I wanted to exchange the item for what should've been bought the first time if the sales associate didn't lie to me to begin with, but they didn't give me the option.My mother and I could've made an educated decision on the Christmas item to buy, but the sales person didn't give me that option.

Comments

SearsCares
Sears Response

Dear Anonymous 472713,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent Sears experiencing surrounding the ordering issues the drill and battery.We do expect our sales associate to provide accurate information to our member at the time of sale and can see that this was not the case during your interaction with the associate.

At this time we’d like to partner you with a member of our case management team that can further research your situation for the best possible solution. Please send the following information – contact #, screen name that I created for you (Anonymous 472713), and the phone # used at time of service to smadvisor@searshc.com. We look forward talking to you soon.

Again, we do apologize for the inconvenience and look forward to speaking with you.

Isaac D.

Social Media Moderator

Sears Social Media Support

This is such a big deal that you waited almost two months to complain about it. I wouldn't necessarily say the salesperson lied to you, they probably didn't realize that the item would be shipped from a vendor and didn't know the difference.

to anonymous Titusville, Florida, United States #777885

Especially when most newer items have exchangeable batteries. It doesn't excuse the lack of exchange or return, but I would agree I don't think the salesman lied he was simply going on the current Dewalt products.