On September they sent out a flyer for the East Coast area and in that flyer they advertised Men's Boots Brake Buckle Leather Biker 6" Black D91684

Sold By: Sears Promotion: Free Shipping for Kiosk Orders for $99.99. The sale was from November 20th through the 23rd (Pre-Thanksgiving sale). I went to the Sears store in Dartmouth, MA to purchase the boots. I tried on a pair of size twelve's and they fit so I asked the sales rep if they had another pair because the ones they gave me to try on where damaged (the stitching was all torn and the sides of the right boot had looked like they had been dragged along the ground). The sales rep said that was the ONLY pair of these boots they had, so he checked on-line and said they could order them for me right there and they would ship them to me at no additional cost and I would receive the boots on November 25. Order number 294499486.

I ordered the boots and they charged my CC. On November 22nd I received an email from Sears stating "We are sorry we are unable to fulfill your order because the items are no longer available.". I then contacted Sears customer service and she again processed the order on-line for the same boots. I checked my email later the same day expecting some sort of confirmation for the order. I received no email so I contact customer service again because I was supposed to pick up the boots in store at the Dartmouth location, but they had no record of any order processed; however, they did see the notes on my account but could not explain why the previous rep took all my CC information but never processed the order. I contacted the Dartmouth Store on my other phone and had the store manager and on-line customer service on the phone at the same time. The store stated they had one pair (the damaged pair) at this time, So customer rep and a supervisor they said they did have the boots in stock and said they would again process the order (again charging my CC) and have the boots shipped, and the boots would be delivered between December 1st and the 5th. Order number 297835275

On November 29th (today) I received another email from Sears (Yep, you guessed it (We are sorry we are unable to fulfill your order because the items are no longer available.) and they canceled the order again!

I contacted customer service and asked to speak with a Supervisor again, after waiting 30 minutes on hold to speak to a supervisor, when they finally answered the call I informed the Supervisor that this call was being recorded, she told me "I am sorry but I can't stay on the phone" and immediately hung up on me.

I have every intention of pursuing this matter further as since they did not have the boots as stated in the flyer nor did they have these boots in stock at ANY LOCATION in the area, or online would constitute false advertisement.

Product or Service Mentioned: Sears Shipping Service.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Nov 29, 2011.

Comments

dieselmon1274

This is fraud. It's called Bait and Switch.

They bait you in with a sale price on items that are not in stock (Boat from China is delayed) or they only offer half the item (like a tool chest combo) and sell the half they have at the regular price. Customer service has all form letters they send out making you feel "special". Well you're not.

You're just another *** to them and they get your money. Welcome to Sears :)