I had a Sears dryer that is about 7 years old. I called them for service and expected to pay for it. I was told I needed a part for the heating regulator (this was the second time I needed to replace this). I had to wait for the part to be mailed to me which took about a week.

I called Sears again when the part came. They came out put in the part. I was then told the dryer needed a new motor at a cost of $399.00. That sounded ridiculous to me since I was already charged $150 for the part and repair service. I truely don't think the dryer needed a motor as the dryer is working except for the heat.

Anyhow, Sears charged me for the heating regulator, which the serviceman took back with him when I didn't want to pay for the motor. I had 2 service call charges. So I'm now out $250.00 and still have had no dryer for over a month. I called Sears 6 times now and each time have been promised a call back within an hour from a Customer Service Manager. I'm still waiting. What HORRIBLE customer service!

If I want to purchase a new dryer it will cost me another $75.00 to have it delivered and $199.00 to have it installed. After paying about $400.00 for a new dryer, I'll have paid in repairs, delivery and istallation a total of $524.00. Unbelievable!

I think I should at least be rebated for the 2nd service call since they misdiagnosed the problem.....but I can't get anyone to call me back to discuss it!!

Review about: Sears Repair.

Comments

Hillarys, Western Australia, Australia #22715

I always be the extended warranty on everything no matter what it is.Manufacture warranty is only one year.

Since products are not made like they use to, nothing is a guarentee to last forever anymore. That is just the world we live in today. And no mattew where you by a product or from who it could happen anywhere with anyone! Cold hard truth, no warranty you pay cashs.

If a service tech states it unrepairable or defective product w/warranty if will be replaced. So, is our fault to take responsiblity not asking questions and getting the correct answers that we need. And it takes more than 2 service calls sometimes to fix a product depending on what the problems is and how old it is. 3 parts failures in warrany and 4 service calls you get it replaced with a WARRANTY!!!

ALWAYS BY A WARRANTY NO MATTER WHAT IT IS ON OR WHERE YOU BUY IT.IT IS THE MANUFACTURES FAULT FOR THE WAY THE PRODUCT IS BUILT NOT SEARS...LIKE I SAID IT COULD HAPPEN ANYWHERE NOT JUST SEARS :roll

Bingo1
Limerick, Maine, United States #21513

Just to clarify .......the $524.00 is in addition to the $400.00 cost of the dryer.At total of $924.00.

I made call number 7 three hours ago and was promised a call back within an hour.I'm still waiting..................