With Company response Not resolved

My mother's 50th Birthday is coming up in April, and I decided to buy her something she really needed, a dishwasher. I researched dishwashers on the Consumer Reports website and found the one that would best suit my mother's needs. The least expensive model was from PC Richards for $399. However I decided to go with Sears, even though their price for the dishwasher was $599. I chose Sears because of their reputation for excellent products. I checked online and saw that Sears was offering "Free Shipping" on products over a few hundred dollars, which the dishwasher certainly was, as well as a price match guarantee. Instead of making the purchase over the internet, I chose to be called by Sears. Cathrin D., who called me from Sears Blue Team was very helpful and offered me several add-ons, including an installation kit and a three year warranty. She also helped me price match the dishwasher. Cathrin told me that this dishwasher was in stock and could ship out by the beginning of the following week.

The following week, my mother received a phone call at 5:30 in the MORNING, on Tuesday, from Sears saying that they had her installation kit, but didn't have her dishwasher. At 10am, an installation company called "˜A1', called my mother and said that they had her dishwasher ready for delivery, but no installation kit. My mother asked them how they were going to install her dishwasher, which I had told her was COMPLETELY paid for, without the kit. "˜A1' told my mother that they were NOT going to install her new dishwasher, but just drop it off. My mother told them not to and then called me in a panic. I reassured her that this must be a misunderstanding, seeing as how I HAD PAID IN ADVANCE FOR THE DISHWASHER, THE INSTALLATION KIT, THE INSTALLATION, HAULING AWAY OF THE OLD WASHER, ETC…

I called Sears and was transferred from one department to another, having to repeat my story to every new representative. This went on for THREE hours! Not one single representative was able to help me with the whole issue. Finally I demanded to speak to a supervisor. "˜ Kevin' explained to me that the installation kit that I had purchased through Sears was on back order and I could be refunded for the installation kit and instead, buy it directly from "˜A1'. However, he could not complete this transaction himself, but had to transfer me to yet another representative, at which point I had to explain the whole story again, in order to get my refund.

I then called "˜A1' who refused to sell me the installation kit over the phone, as Kevin had verified they would. They told me that I would have to buy it from Sears. I had already bought it from Sears and gone through this whole rigmarole with them. "˜A1' gave me the number for a Sears in Winter Park, whom they said could help me re-purchase the installation kit. I called Sears in Winter Park, who said "˜A1' was wrong and they could not handle this for me. They transferred me instead to an installation department. The installation department had to hear the whole story again, and they took my credit card number to charge me $24.99 for the new kit. I reminded them that I had originally only had to pay $11.99 for it. So they agreed to charge me that price.

I was looking at my receipt from Sears today and noticed that at the end of the bill I was charged a $69.99 shipping fee, after I had been told that shipping would be free.

Sears and A1 rescheduled the installation for the following Monday between 4pm and 8pm. A1 was late, only finally arriving at 8:15pm. Does Sears believe that a provider showing up late, causing a client to lose income by taking off work, is ok? The dishwasher was installed and my mother called me and told me that it was stainless steel, I HAD ORDERED AWHITE DISHWASHER. Can Sears get anything right?

Not only am I frustrated, disappointed and angry at the service I have received, I have been overcharged by Sears.

I feel the Sears team is incompetent at best. No one person was able to resolved my issue. There was no communication between representatives as to what my issue was. Sears tried to send out an order without all of the necessary parts and then sent the wrong dishwasher.

Comments

SearsCares
Sears Response

Dear Chayatopas:

My name is Susan and I am part of the Social Media Support Team, and I am very concerned about what I have read here. We would like to help. We are a single point of contact for escalated concerns which means we step into a situation and handle it start to finish with one Case Manager. At your convenience, please contact our office at smsupport@searshc.com so you (and others) don’t have to continue to be impacted by this. At your convenience, please send us an email. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the item(s) were purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email please provide the screen name (Chayatopas) for reference to your issue and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Thanks,