I scheduled an appointment with a rep over the phone a week ago to repair our broker dryer which is still covered under the warranty. We took time off from work and confirmed with them 3 times to make sure that someone would definitely be here. Then, we got a call at 2:10 the day of my appt saying no one will be coming and the next available appt is 2 days later. We have kids which means a lot of dirty clothes to wash. The weather is so humid that nothing gets dried by just hanging in the laundry room.

I was irate and asked to speak to a supervisor who in turn told me there was nothing she could do for me besides rescheduling another appointment which she can't promise that someone will come out on the rescheduling date.

We bought tens of thousands of dollars of appliances from Sears over the years, and this is just a terrible way to handle a business and its customers. We will never buy anything from sears ever again. And I will make sure that such terrible business practice are to be known by all my relatives, friends, coworkers, and anyone I get in contact with.

Review about: Sears Repair.

Comments

#196492

I have had nothing but trouble with my Calypso washer from Sears.

Probably the most frustrating situation is their lack of concern for their consumers.My washing machine broke down yet again (still covered under extended warranty); the first appt I scheduled between 10am-2pm- despite numerous phone calls, a call after 5pm let me know "due to higher than normal volume" they would not make it out that day.

I was able to reschedule a week later between 8AM-12N and they came at 1pm. Parts needed to be ordered and this 2nd visit I scheduled between 8 am and 12N and they came at 4pm.

They could not give me the name of a manager to complain to, just a # for their executive offices in Illinois.I will not buy from SEARS again OR purchase any extended warranties on their products.

#195852

Same thing happened to me today!!!And they were supposed to call my cell phone because I work 1/2 hour away - come to find out they called my house phone.

So much for service.My dryer is 3 yrs old and this is my 5th service call on it!