With Company response Not resolved

Update by user Jul 01, 2012

After submitting this review I was contacted by Liz from Sears.

She spoke with me on the phone several times regarding my issue with the Samsung washer.

She called me back on a Saturday to inform me that I could go to a Sears store and get a new washer for free! I went to my local Sears store on Monday and got a brand new Samsung washer that almost perfectly matched my dryer. It was delivered on Tuesday. I have been using it since and I can honestly say it is the BEST washer I have ever owned.

I have never seen clothes so clean, bright, and unwrinkled. The washer is quiet and operating beautifully! Everyone in the Sears store was so helpful and the delivery people were great. Liz was my case manager throughout this process and she was always very professional and courteous with me.

She even sent me a check for compensation for laundry services while I was without a washer. She is the main reason I have decided to stay with Sears and give them a chance. She proved to me that they will honor the terms of their Master Protection Agreement and provide the best customer service they can in good faith. I have already purchased another warranty on this new washer after I was credited for the remaining amount from the last one.

Thank you Pissed Consumer and thank you Liz and Sears.I am once again a very happy customer!

Original review posted by user May 28, 2012

After spending over $20,000.00 with Sears in 2009, we will never spend another dime.The Samsung washer and dryer have already been rebuilt six months ago and the washer quit working again two weeks ago.

I called to schedule service with the 5 year master protection agreement and they did not have a tech available until THREE WEEKS LATER!! I STILL HAVE ANOTHER WEEK TO WAIT FOR A TECH! AFTER THAT HE WILL HAVE TO ORDER PARTS SO IT WILL PROBABLY BE ANOTHER THREE WEEKS!! HOW DO YOU LIVE FOR SIX WEEKS WITHOUT A WASHER???

ARE YOU KIDDING ME? I asked for a supervisor at the service center and they told me they didn't have any! Don't waste your money at Sears and don't be fooled by their 5 YEAR MASTER PROTECTION AGREEMENT. THERE ISN'T ANYTHING MASTER ABOUT IT UNLESS YOU LIKE TO WAIT 3 TO 6 WEEKS TO HAVE YOUR APPLIANCE REPAIRED AFTER IT BREAKS DOWN AFTER ONLY A YEAR!

We also purchased a Kenmore Elite upright freezer. The compressor went out while we were on vacation 5 MONTHS AFTER WE INSTALLED IT! We lost HUNDREDS OF DOLLARS WORTH OF STEAKS AND LOBSTER TAILS. THEY GAVE US 200 BUCKS.

THAT WASN'T EVEN CLOSE! We also have had the ignitor on our KITCHEN AID TOP OF THE LINE COOKTOP go out after only a month or so. The top of the line double oven was taking two hours to get up to temp and a tech came out and told me that was how it was supposed to work! Really?

I had to get a senior tech after that and electricians to figure out the issue. We joke about having a sears van in our driveway all the time! I'm sure the neighbors are getting the message...those people have a lot of problems with all of their brand new Sears appliances!

HA HA HA!!!!Don't be an ***...buy your appliances ANYWHERE ELSE!

Sears Response

Dear Goincrazy ,

We truly apologize for the inconvenience you have been going through. We understand your concern with the scheduled date that is available for the repair on your washer. My name is Stephanie L. and I am with the Sears Social Media Escalations team. We have just read your post and wanted to reach out. We would like to contact you and further discuss the issue with your Samsung washer and go over the options we have to assist. At your convenience please contact our office via email at smsupport@searshc.com and a dedicated case manager will contact you directly. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number your washer was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide your screen name “Goincrazy” you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Stephanie L.