After my washer broke a technician came to my home saying my repairs would be $500. HOWEVER if I purchased the Sears Home Warranty I would only pay the $75 deductible and all parts and service would be covered.

He said I could simply call and cancel it the next day or pay the $49/mo and have all the other appliances in my home covered the same way. So I kept the policy for 5 months. My washer broke again. So I filed a claim.

They sent a company called Universal United out. The 2 technicians did not speak English. They gave me a blank invoice and said they needed to order a part. Then I never head from anyone.

Several calls later they said they had the part and would come install it. When they arrived they did not have the part when they called the office. The boss, Alex said it had not been ordered. I called Sears and demanded a Sears technician.

I got the run around with several people and supervisors on the phone saying I had to complete the work with this idiot company. After the repair was complete I tried to cancel my useless home warranty and they said I now have to pay for 50% of the repairs from the first visit, since I must keep my policy in force for 1 year. What??? I have been screwed.

I hate Sears more than any other company and will NEVER buy anything there again! EVER!

Product or Service Mentioned: Sears Washing Machine Repair.

Reason of review: Warranty issue.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Sep 19.

Comments

I totally agree. We are experiencing nothing but grief from them.