Sears refused and said no one available to repair my Kenmore side by side refrigerator on 9/3/11. I called the 800 customer service number, I think China picked up, no one availabel for repair. I called the Myrtle Beach, SC store, and the same, no one available until next week. Could this be that bad, YES it is. How do you keep food cold until next week?? I was not even give another repair person to use. Quality control I guess. I hope to never buy another product from Sears because they can not stand behind ther own products for repair. I am going to share my horror story about Sears to everyone that will listen.

Do not buy from Sears!!!!

thomas Leonard

Myrlte Beach, SC

Comments

#192463

Dear Wizfinish@aol.com,

I recently came across your post here and wanted to offer help. I'm Scott and I'm with Sears Cares Escalations within corporate. I'm sorry to hear your refrigerator is giving you some trouble and you were dissatisfied with the repair timeframe given to you. Naturally, we'd love to service all our customers sooner rather than later, however manpower & geographic restrictions can prevent that. Nevertheless, we'd like to help. At your convenience please contact my office via email at searscares@searshc.com so that we can assist with resolving this issue. Please provide us a contact number and the phone number the fridge was purchased under and we will call you at your convenience. In addition, include your screen name (Wizfinish@aol.com) in the email so we can reference to your case.

Scott J.

Sears Cares

I think what you are missing is the details and specifics of your situation. If you are going to betch then at least be accurate. I am betting they gave you a date that was a week out and you didn't like it. Then you said you didn't like it and it was ridiculous and they let you know that that was the best they could do right? Welcome to the fact that you aren't the most important person in the entire world.

You are complaining about availability of technicians. This is a completely separate issue from their "repair policy" or any of their service agreements. It sucks that they couldn't fix it the first time (depending on the problem and maybe you kept messing with it so it would break), but they can only schedule so many people under warranty. You don't have to pay for the service call or the parts. Still you complain.

A week is not really that long to go. You didn't say your refrigerator wasn't cooling. Maybe it wasn't cool enough for you?

What was wrong with the refrigerator? When the problem persists after the initial tech visit then you have to schedule behind others that called in before you. So, say you have a tech service call on 9/3. It works fine for a couple of days and then the problem comes up again: when you call on 9/5 there will be others scheduled before you because they called on 9/4 etc. Its a first come first serve scheduling. If a date fills up then that's it until the next availability.

You keep food cold by getting the cheap little coolers or a big cooler (like you would take out camping or to a football game) and fill it with ice. Put your food in it. You only have to replace the bag of ice (which is what, a dollar?) for about 7 days. Yeah, its an inconvenience, but its not the end of the world. You could also pony up for another repair service. Yeah, you don't want to fork over the money. Why do that when you can *** & moan about a waiting a week?

It has nothing to do with Sears being able to "stand behind their product" it has to do with all these people believing that they are the center of the universe. Sears supports its product very well considering the sheer volume of service calls, maintenance checks, & other concerns they have going on. You are not the only one who had a broken refrigerator that needed service.

There are 8 (count them)...8 routing centers that serve the entire US. Why don't they hire more techs? Because then it would cost the customer more money!

Listen, it sucks that you had to go a week without your frig, but there are a lot of different companies that don't even come close to the service that sears provides. It may not be perfect, but they do work very hard to help customers.

Its hard to do when they are constantly in a losing battle against people who think that the world owes them EVERYTHING.