3.0

I am so upset right now. I'm a disabled widowed Grandma and I live on an extremely fixed budget. About 18 months ago I purchased the model 19702 chest freezer at the same time I purchased the food sealer also from Sears, thinkng I could save in the long run.

Sears/Kenmore/Craftsman has always stood for quality. My late husband was an appliance repair person and swore by the Sears/Kenmore/Craftsman lines. All of our tools, appliances, even our tires came from Sears.

I was a little concerned when I received the letter saying they were offering rebates because the China manufacturer did not report the energy savings accurately. This was the second year for me to return to the rebate site, which is required if you want to get the rebate for the projected future loss.

I became extremely frustrated trying to navigate to the section for my yearly return. They don't make it easy to sign in after you have already registered. Which I'm sure not intentional...yeah right! That and the fact that you have to come back in the first place instead of just a one time pay out, add up to a huge pain in the derriere. Most people will not put up with the hassle and give up. Not I, I'm on a limited budget and if they're sucking my electricity at up to 50% higher than they stated, I'm getting my rebate!

Since there was no obvious sign- in for returning claimants, I was going to try to create a new account but I didn't have my "REQUIRED reference number" I grabbed a flashight to get my serial number and any other identifying info off the freezer itself before I called the toll free number. To my horror the freezer looked normal frm the outside but inside was warm and several hundreds of dollars in food ruined!! The Christmas prime rib alone was a $50 loss!

Then I see there are no parts available to repair and they no longer sell the item because of all the problems. Again, this is so upsetting to me because most of these complaints are from 2011 and 2012 yet they were still selling them when I purchased mine in July of 2013!!

I checked my homeowners insurance and it's a $1000. deductible. So out of the question.

According to Sears own spokespersons, this item is supposed to have a lifespan of 10 to 14 years.

I AM ANGRY AND HURT THAT AFTER 50 PLUS YEARS AS A LOYAL CUSTOMER THEY ARE SO WILLING TO LOSE GOOD CUSTOMERS RATHER THAN STAND BEHIND THIS HORRIBLE PRODUCT AND DO THE RIGHT THING AND COMPENSATE FOR THEIR BAD BUSINESS DECISION TO SELL SUCH A SUB STANDARD PRODUCT UNDER THE KENMORE BRANDING.

It's customer service 101! But there are many other brands that are taking over the appliance domain that Kenmore and Whirlpool and Maytag once ruled. L.G. and Samsung are going to be the appliance worlds Honda and Toyota. Sears needs to take a hint from Detroit.

It's a sad, sad, sad day in my home. Like losing a family member .

P.S. That being said, anyone know where to dispose of several hundred dollars worth of beef before it reanimates itself and we have a true zombie apocalypse?!

Have a blessed day

This person wrote the review because of bad quality of kenmore chest freezer from Sears. Reviewer claimed that he or she lost $500 and wants Sears to offer any options to resolve the issue.

The most disappointing in user's experience was poor product quality, lack of product support and poor customer service. The author asks this business to immediately contact him/ her to briefly discuss his/ her negative experience with the company.

Comments

Everyone knows that sears is no good anymore.What you can do with the meat as it is winter you can place it outside in a cooler if it is below freezing outside. You can ask friends or neighbors to store it for you.You can donate it all to a homeless shelter or a church.You can cook it all and have one big party. You can put it on craigslist for free and help a needy family.That is all I can think of now hope it helps.