121 views
3.1

My parents bought a Kenmore dishwasher. These dishwashers are made with Whirlpool parts, and one of the Whirlpool parts was defective. Sears knows this but will not notify consumers or have any kind of recall. The dishwasher started leaking water UNDER the vinyl flooring. My parents didn’t realize what was happening until the kitchen floor became lumpy and the original white vinyl flooring (which was under a layer of newer vinyl flooring) started turning gray.

Now the wooden floor and sub-floor are saturated and need replacing. There is black mold growing behind and under the cabinets. To replace the wooden floor and sub-floor, all lower cabinets will have to be torn out (damaging them beyond reconstruction).

Two restoration services have estimated the damage at $21,000. Sears says they are not responsible because Whirlpool made the parts. Whirlpool offered my parents $6,000 for damages which won’t begin to clean up the mess and replace cabinets/floor.

In the meantime, my mother cannot breathe in her own house due to the black mold.

SEARS and WHIRLPOOL are criminal organizations.

Product or Service Mentioned: Kenmore Dishwasher.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Preferred solution: The cost of restoring this kitchen should be paid. I am part owner of the house, by the way..

Location: Hickory, North Carolina

Comments

I think your and *** for thinking 21 grand. I wouldnt give you 10 cents thats why they have a thing called insurance you pin head.

You really think sears knows when parts are going to brake?

If you do. Then i have ocean front property for you in illinois here

Sears Reviews