With Company response Not resolved

Update by user Oct 14, 2013

Sears had promised me a $100 refund; however, they backed out and gave me NOTHING since I hired another contractor to look at my dryer.Sears repair could not fix it after 3 attempts so I tried another route.

That repairman could not fix the problem as well.Needless to say, the Sears Kenmore dryer is now a hunk of metal in a junkyard somewhere by now and I am very happy with the dryer I purchased from Lowes.

Update by user Sep 19, 2013

I thought I would have a nice ending to this story but I do not.Sears refused to reimburse me any money for my loss of time at work or for the improper parts they ordered that never fixed the problem.

Because I hired another licensed contractor to look at my dryer since Sears repairmen could not fix the problem after 3 attempts, Sears decided to discontinue any reimbursement to me.

What a shame for what once was a very fine company.So long Sears, its been nice knowing you!

Original review posted by user Sep 11, 2013

I purchased a Sears Kenmore "Elite Smartheat" dryer in July 2009.In July of 2013 the dryer would no longer start.

Sears came to repair three times and another company (by my request) came once. Sears repair changed a circuit board then realized it wasn't that so ordered another board and it wasn't that either The dryer is still not working and it is September 2013. Doesn't anyone there know how to fix your own product!!! I have giving up on getting this repaired as I need a dryer NOW, so I just purchased a new Whirlpool dryer at Lowe's.

This has been an awful experience dealing with Sears and I will discontinue shopping for anything there in the future.

Comments

SearsCares
Sears Response

wellsbl,

We apologize for the trouble you’ve experienced with your dryer. My name is David with our Sears Social Media Support team. I came across your post and wanted to offer our assistance. We would like to have a case manager contact you regarding this experience and assist you in address any other concerns you may have. If you would like to discuss this situation further, please send the following information – contact #, screen name (wellsbl), phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com. Again, we’re sorry for any trouble caused and we hope to talk to you soon.

David W.