My cooktop was installed in October 2013.The plastic covers on the top of the cooktop melted when I spilled a hot liquid.
I ordered 5 more and they were $18 each plus $10 shipping. These are flimsy plastic covers but don't last! I cannot get the old ones off so now I need a service repair person to come for a $99 diagnostic cost. Then the timer on the top of the cooktop quit working probably because liquid got down into the controls.
I am disgusted with this Sears product. Why would they sell a cooktop that has a cover that melts?? Why would the cooktop not be water proof?
Do not buy Sears!!I don't believe anyone who designed this cooktop cooks!I've never had a cooktop with a top that will melt!
More Review Details
What I liked
What I disliked
- Poor product quality
- Reason of review:
- Bad quality
- Preferred solution:
- Deliver product or service ordered
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Kenmore Elite Electric Cooktop
- Review category
- Household Services
You May Also Like
- "We purchased a Kenmore Dishwasher (Model 665.13732K601) when we remodeled approximately 4 years ago. The dishwasher has done a good job cleaning, but after the first year the buttons..."
- "Below is a letter and response from Sears / Kenmore in regards to one of their products. Kenmore Refrigerator Elite.Bottom line, never buy Kenmore - they are poorly made products.To..."
- "I bought 2 garage door openers from Sears in the Willowbrook Mall. I also paid for installation, thinking that a Sears Installer would do the work. Instead a..."
- "The lock and latch system on the Larson Security Storm door is contrary to safe opening panic latches. I had a Larson Security Storm door installed in September, 2015. The..."
- "I called Vizio about a black line on the right side of my screen. The 1 year was close on the timeframe, but I bought it online and didn't get..."
- "Caveat Emptor BUYER BEWARE Jiffy Lube in Norman I went to Jiffy Lube with a Groupon. The people that were there were very nice and courteous. I was told that my air filter..."
- "Omg old lettuce thankfully very little of it and no tortillas with my fajitas? Triangle town center in Raleigh is having some issues with online ordering and the app orders...."
- "Please Do NOT PURCHASE from this company. I purchased several items, clothing received was STAINED and jumpsuit was not as described as on website. The most frustrating part of this..."
- "I purchased 2 Kensington recliners from Cymax thru Sears in June, 2015. 18 months later the leather is flaking off and the pull handle to open the reclining part is..."